Spektrum spm files

Kenny G

What program are these spm files made in? My windows will not open says no program associated with it; any help will be appreciated. Thanks all! like this forum and site. Keep up the good work! Ken

Well since these are likely rom your spectrum radio and for the most part proprietary to the radio it came from.
You might be able to use notepad to open and view it but most likely you will see gibberish for the most part.
I would be careful not to edit it because it may cause I'll affects to your radio if you plan on putting it back on.

Tony

Staff member
You can view it in notepad, but it's pretty difficult to follow. Teh best thing to do is upload it to your Tx and look at it there.

Kenny G

Thanks guys!! just trying to learn about the new spectrum radio upgrades DX6 etc., and the files they use . I'm still using the DX6i you know how thinking goes, would like to upgrade, just retired in Feb. hoping to get out and fly some. again thanks and keep them in the air Ken

Admiral

Hi Kenny, this web site has the tools to covert SPM files to XML for editing, it produces a file over 1500 lines long with all the settings visible, personally I find the transmitter an easier option.
Reading through I don't think they can produce an SPM file from XML yet, but it is interesting to have a look at.

Top Bottom