FBL Gyro Spirit Pro Set Up

Harford

Excellent suggestion Heliman. I will do this tomorrow and let you know how I get on. Winter storms in the south of New Zealand today, very heavy rainfall, flooding and a state of emergency declared in some areas. So far not too bad where we are.

Harford

Hello Heliman. I have not yet completed the tests you suggested. Just a note to say the silence is not because I have abandoned the project, it is just because I am overseas on holiday . I will be back next week and will be in touch then. I see your new bank switching thread and look forward to studying it.

Smoggie

I was fine tuning the Spirit Pro on my XL520 heli yeaterday. It was a calm day for a change so ideal for tweaking setings, when it's windy I find it can be hard to see small differences. Anyway, for the first time I played about with the 'RevoMix' setting in the advanced tab. What RevoMix does is automatically add rudder to counteract torque increase that happens whenever you apply collective. If correctly set this eliminates the slight kick you get on the tail if you hit the collective hard.
For some reason the Spirit has RevoMix turned off (value set at zero) by default. For my XL520 I found that a value of 3 (range is 0-10) eliminated the slight kick of the tail I was left with even after the tail gyro gain had been optimised. So this is one to try if you notice any degree of kick of the tail when you hit the collective.

Heliman450

Hi Steve, great feedback. Now that I'm poised to be more adventurous and can 'feel' differences, I'm sure it will be a new function to activate. I don't want to activate/tweak everything straight off, I'd prefer to bring the changes in when I'm more sure of things.

Looks like the rain might have passed, so I'm charging batteries to visit the field a bit later on when I get the car back from the boss.

murankar

Staff member
Revo mix is a setting from the old flybar days. My second radio had it built into the radio. In other systems it called tail pre comp.

Smoggie

Yeah, in the Vbar its called pre-comp.. but it's the same thing. Funny thing is that in the Vbar it's set to be active by default but in the Spirit it's turned off by default. I find it best with turned on, the amount you need varies from heli to heli but all seem to benefit from at least a small amount.

Top Bottom