FBL Gyro Spirit Pro and the Castle ESC throttle set up

holtneil

Hi Guys just a quick heads up on the Castle HV ESC with the Spirit pro FBL unit , most of us use the fixed RPM on the Castle ESC which needs fixed end points in the transmitter to set up the throttle range in the ESC , Now doing this will not let the bail out recovery to work in the Spirit and your not have all 3 head speeds working I only had normal and Idle 1 , Now what Spirit tell you to do is adjust the min and max throttle range in the Spirit you can only adjust from +50 to +150 max range and -50 to -150 min range transmitter need a linear curve of 0,25,50,75,100 , some Castle ESCs will not see this and you cant get the set up bleep from the ESC , So this is a way round it , go into Spirit software and adjust range to up to +150 ( it can may be able to set lower but your have to keep jumping in and out of the software so set to max once and your done) Now with the ESC in fixed end points mode with spirit set to max adjust the transmitter till you get the bleep and then do the same for min .
In the spirit software it may tell you that the max throttle is over 150 in the monitor screen but dont worry leave it , Now go back to the Castle ESC and set fixed RPM and set up the governor head speeds , Reset up throttle curves in transmitter to what the ESC tell you to set, Now test heli and your now find your have all 3 head speeds working 100%

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
I dont think the spirit governor is developed yet. That could be what is causing you some headache. I think it is being worked on now. Does your esc have the white aux wire on it?

Top Bottom