Spektrum Spektrum receiver for 450?

trainrider06

What is a good receiver for this HK 450 v2 kit
I'm about to embark on? I have a couple of 6100's,
And a I think 6200. Or should I seek another?

Derek

Any parkfly receiver will do just fine. I'm working on a friends Blade 450 3D and there is a Spektrum AR6115e receiver on it.

If you have a flybarred 450, any 6 channel receiver will work.

trainrider06

Ok great thank you! Oh I plan on at some
point going flybarless, so I would need a different
reciever?? Or oh I think I know, that would then
be in the flybarless set up then, like a BeastX or Kbar
or whatever correct?
Again thank you!

Derek

That's quite right! As you have it set now, you'll use a 6 channel receiver and a heading hold tail gyro (there are many great brands to choose from). Once you do decide to go flybarless, again, there are many great ways to go about it. Some flybarless controllers can use a DSM2/DSMX Spektrum Satellite receiver. You can even go simpler and get the Spektrum AR7200bx...that's a 7 channel receiver and flybarless gyro all in one little unit and I believe that you can also use a satellite reciever on the AR7200bx. There are also many other inexpensive, and yet very effective, flybarless controllers but since we are talking about Spektrum equipment, in the Spektrum section of the forum, we'll talk about the other gyros in other threads.

Please, feel free to continue to ask questions as you think of them. We'll be around to help you out.

trainrider06

Ok good deal! I really want to keep this heli safe
but low cost as much as possible, from that I'd like to
step up to either a 500 or a brand 450.
But want to learn have fun with this one.
Who would maybe make a FBL controller that I
wouldn't have to spend more than what this heli
is worth? Or should I just check around being this
is Spektrum country?

Derek

if your HK 450 is set up properly, you can have great fun with it. I've owned 1 HK 450 and I've flown two others...they were great flyers. Take the necessary time needed to set up your helicopter properly and you'll have a great flyer, too. If you want to step up to a 500, you'll love the improved control the 500 will have over the 450.

Some other inexpensive flybarless controllers to look at would be a K bar, V bar, and ZYX. I know there are other flybarless controllers available, I just can't think of them. I'm sure you'll get other suggestions once other members see this thread.

Derek

Your welcome, Rodney! I surely don't know it all but I'm always happy to help.

Please feel free to ask any and all questions that arise. There's no such thing as a "dumb" or "stupid" question here.

trainrider06

Well I do have a question but it's over on the Micro
heli section titled tail blow out on a Blade SR...
If you or someone might know what's going on with
That it would be so much appreciated....I
Am pulling my hair out over that little problem...lol
Sorry about the desperate pitch to another problem but I'm
baffled....and desperate! Lol
Rodney

I converted my blade 450 3d to fbl and used the Kbar. Absolutely brilliant gyro, easy to setup too..

I've also got a hk450 now and I've bought another Kbar gyro for it... With a 6 channel RX, it's the AR6200 with satellite receiver....

I'm sure Kev (Slobberdog) will verify the Kbar is a good gyro, and very cheap.. Checkout his thread

Slobberdog

for the money I cant say a bad word for that gyro,

kbar best value for money and super easy to set up.

Top Bottom