Spektrum Spektrum Dx8e Gen2 Region Selection.

Michael Leo

Hi guy's,
i recently up graded my radio to a Spek DX8e gen 2... happish enough with the overall package considering it only cost €200 ... lots of options to choose from here but unlike my old DX6i i do not have the option of swicthing from EU too U.S. region on this radio.
Question : Is there any firm wear option available too achieve this ?? as we all know at this stage that the U.S. power output is greater than the EU.
At the minute i couldn't chance this radio even for medium distance FPV.

Best Regards
Mike.

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately there is no option since they region lock the new radios. You might be able to find a firmware package from the US, but I don't know that I would trust it. The region lock could (and probably is) hard coded and not in the firmware.

Michael Leo

Big thanks for those replies guy's, I read recently of a chap holidaying in the state from France I think it was and brought along he's radio with him with the intention of getting some air time ...
As I recall he located a spektrum store and they were able to carry out change in region for him.
I have dropped spektrum a mail regarding this but no reply so far.
Thanks again for help, if all else fails may go down the boosting road with my dx8.
Mike.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, if you come over here, you can take your Tx into one of the locations that can program these Tx's and they can do it. I have been doing a little more reading on this, and not only are the files encrypted, but they are also serialized so they are locked to your Tx. Even if someone gave you a file from the US, it would either not work, or it would brick your Tx. So yup, coming over here is about the only option for your Tx, unless you find a seller over here to sell you one and ship it, which I would imagine would be cheaper than a plane ticket lol.

Top Bottom