Spektrum Spektrum DX8 Unboxing & Overview

flysolo

I got a Dx8 yesterday. Did not get the extra receivers, that deal apparently ended 2 weeks ago. Bummer.

Have you guys experienced any problems binding it to receivers? I could not get it to bind to my BNF-models, it would just say binding.. and then transmitting.. and then make a sound like it was completed but no bind. I think the problem was i put the receiver to close to the transmitter, at least i got it to bind to all my BNF when I put them min 1 meter away.

But, I have two mcpx, the first one I bound and the dx8 show DSM, 22 ms framerate. With the other one it came up as DSMX, 11 ms telemetry! Any thoughts on this?

And the charging, when do you know it is finished? I waited for the blue light to come off but then i re-read the manual and I think it will only come off if using lipo? Can the default pack be overcharged? What is the proper voltage when it is full?

Other than that I really like it so far, well to be honest it's mainly been chargin but tonight I will fly a little heli and use it to set up the 3gx on my t-rex build. One thing I'm not sure I like though is the constant switching on and off, for example when changing model but maybe that is something you get used to.

- Niklas

Tony

Staff member
It is suggested that you hold it a meter (3') away from what you are binding to. I have had it fail when I held it too close. I think they changed the Rx on the mcpx's but don't know when. This may be why you are showing a difference between the two. Whatever you do, don't change what yo uhave in there. if you try to run 11ms on an analog servo, you will burn it up. And there is no way to know when the battery is done charging. When I charge mine, I take it out of the case and keep it next to me. There was a member on here that damaged his Tx when the battery pack vented. this damaged the foam, battery and battery door. I want the battery to get as much air as it can so I leave it hanging out. I would never charge it then go to bed. And when you are changing the model, just push the back and clear button at the same time and select the model you want. Let us know if you have any more questions.

flysolo

Ok.. I think I already changed that value for one of the models. Maybe not a good idea then, guess a rebind will put it back to the proper setting.

One mcpx i bought used and it is version 1 and the other one is brand new v2 so maybe they changed the rx between the versions like you say. Still strange that it showed telemetry support for a mcpx i think.

Thanks for the info on the shortcut for changing model, guess it will feel all natural after using the radio for a while, I had my Dx6i for 2 months and was just getting to feel comfortable with it and all the settings. This Dx8 is like a whole new hobby for me :)

Tony

Staff member
It's a great Tx and you will love it. There is a pretty good size learning curve with it, but it's worth it.

wolfman76

i will be getting my dx8 very soon just waiting on my returns then i can join the club right tony??? lol i am having mixed feeling on painting it too tony you i just can't leave well enough alone if i do paint mint i will prob only paint front plate i am thinking a candy blue or maybe a spaztix flip paint of some kind... oh and mathias if you did'nt find yet or not after you post a certain number of videos youtube will allow you to upload videos longer then 15 mins...

Last edited:
Top Bottom