Spektrum Spektrum DX8 Unboxing & Overview

Tony

Staff member
As you guys know, I have purchased the DX8 and have been playing around with it with the mcpx and the RCH F-16. This Tx is awesome to say the least. No matter what the setting, if I need it, it's there. I can do a slow deployment of flaps, I can watch what the expo is going to do when I add or subtract it, everything I need it can do.

Have a watch and let me know what you think. It's a pretty long video, but it takes a while to show everything lol. Total file size was about 1GB to upload. Largest video ever on the account. Love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxmHMHaiRo8

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Give it time, I will give you plenty of videos to watch on this great Tx lmao. I'm telling ya, the wife is getting kicked out of the bed and this is getting her pillow lmao.

Whirlybird

As long as it is going to share your bed make sure you understand that . . . :evil: Hell hath no fury like a DX8 scorned :evil:

Great video Tony :hdbng: When is going to turn purple?????????

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
:lol: lmao, if you read the reviews on the video, I already have people telling me to not paint it hahaha. I think if I paint this one though, it's going candy apple red... Whatcha think?

Whirlybird

"I think if I paint this one though, it's going candy apple red" . . . love it!!!! That's the color of my Mosrite (Ventures Model) Guitar :)

The Fifth Venture.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
It's also the color of my vacuum cleaner here at the house lmao. It's the only reason we purchased it hahaha. Screw quality, get the one with the hotrod paint job :lmao:

Tony

Staff member
I purchased it directly from Horizon Hobby. If anything was to go wrong with it, I know it's covered and I will be informed of any recalls. And, it was $430 with two free Rx's.

Where ya been man? I have not seen or heard from you in a long time... Hows the flying going?

zapster

Thats the first place i just checked,weird,and pricey but good for you!!! Found some killer musicians and we have 30 tunes down just need 15 more and we will hit the circuit.

murankar

Staff member
Good video. looks like there is a lot to radio. BTW how do you get those longer videos on youtube? Mine was 24 minutes and they deleted it. J.C.

Tony

Staff member
My account is approved for videos longer than 15 minutes. Give it a while, and yours will as well.

RCD

Glencairn Drone
To be honest, the only differences i noticed programming wise between the DX8 and my old DX7 is that the DX8 has more 3-position switches and it has servo slowdown option. Do you think those are the only differences?

Tony

Staff member
that along with less switches and channels. IT's all I can think of off the top of my head anyway. The word is the DX7s is missing some features. I don't see switches or channels as features, so I really need to get my hands on a 7s so I can compare them.

Parkflyer

DX8.jpgHey guys... picked up my DX8 today!!...WOOOO-HOOOOO... sure gona miss the DX6i though, but having a Habu 32 EDF in the build im sure going to need it!

DX8.jpg

Parkflyer

Good!!!

Dang it's a trend! Lol

It's all Tonys fault!... I watched the vid and couldn't say no, although I feel somewhat better knowing its just about the best ever deal Spektrum have done, even the LMS said " this deal won't last long, we think Spektrum have made a mistake!... Selling like hot cakes! "
A totally quality item, excellent value for money.:saturn:

Tony

Staff member
Good deal PF, and it's NOT MY FAULT!!! I was pressured into getting mine. It's Lee's fault!!! Everyone needs to blame him :lmao:

You will love that Tx though. I don't regret ever selling my 6i and getting this 8. It's just so smooth and much more response. And you are right, with your plane that you are building, you will need it. Can't wait to see that puppy in the air. Post the link to it again. If I can find some money after dealing with the wifes car, I may just get one of these if they are a decent price. I just want a fast EDF jet instead of swinging a prop like I'm doing now.

Top Bottom