Spektrum Spektrum DX18

Dirk

I am expecting my new DX18 in a couple of days. My LHS ran a massive special on them, so it was pretty hard to pass by. It is the Gen 1 TX, so no voice commands, but hey, at 50% off, who cares? :biggrin1:

I now have to set up my helis and my planes again because I believe you can't just transfer them via the SD card from the DX8. Bummer! It will at least give me something to do in the evenings.

I will be putting the 9 channel RX in my PC 21 so I can at least eliminate some of the Y-leads.

I sold the JR XG 14 I had. Did not like the feel of the TX case. Way too slippery and shiny. And not to mention that bright blue LED!

DX18, here we come!

Dirk

I had my first flight with my new DX18 over the weekend. All I can say is......niiiice!! The feel is different to the DX8. It is perfectly balanced and the whole tx is thinner than my DX8. I also found it easier to get to the switches. I am not a thumb flyer but a pinch flyer, so having switches easier to get to makes it better.

I am running the 9 channel receiver with 3 satellite receivers. The highest frame loss that I had was 16, and that was on the main receiver which sits between a lot of servo wires. No fades and no holds. The dual diversity antenna on the DX18 and the DX9 really makes a difference. I only have telemetry on my PC-21. Nothing (yet) on my 700 heli.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah I noticed a difference with my DX9 as well from the DX8. It feels great in the hands.

bbj

I also noticed a major difference in my DX9 over the DX8. I bet your wishing you had your DX18 a long time ago.

Top Bottom