Spektrum spektrum altimeter or variometer for qx2

Need help deciding whether I should use a spektrum altimeter or variometer in my QX2. According to spektrum, variometer is made for sailplanes but they seem to have a better altitude range (0-6000m) than the altimeter (1000m). Just needing to know if there is anything I should consider with variometer that might not make it the best choice? Would love an all-in-one that would also give airspeed but I might be reaching for stars. If any better options exit to send back altitude would be great.

Thanks.

pvolcko

Do you plan on flying anywhere near a km above sea level? Just because it has a greater range doesn't mean it is better to your purpose. The altimeter may only go to 1000m, but it may offer resolution and accuracy to within 1 or 2 ft vs the variometer with a wider range but accuracy only to 4-5ft (or even more). IF it were me, I'd be going for smaller accurate increments rather than larger range, but I also wouldn't be getting anywhere near the 1000m limit, much less 6000m.

This is good information, pvolcko, thanks for the input. I did check the resolution and the variometer had the higher resolution of 1 ft whereas their altimeter was 3 ft. Variometer was only 6 bucks more so bought that one. And no, lol, I won't be flying 2 miles high but want the better one for resale value.

Thanks again!

Top Bottom