450 speed control ?

HarleyDad505

Hi everyone, I am having an issue with my Blade 450 X , I find after adjusting my "aileron servo" center that now when I turn off Throttle hold the chopper starts spooling up with out throttle input. is there something I am over looking? I also was asking about head block problems a couple of days ago. I am starting to not like battery powered R/C all over again. Is the aluminum in these choppers substandard ? I find that most,,,,, are flying Align, where do I find them in the U.S.A.:emomad::lol::reposthorse:

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Guys I am just getting frustrated.........????????????? I am delving into a world I have never been before, I love flying I want to fly choppers

murankar

Staff member
The throttle issue can be a number of things. Your curves could be wrong, may have been in IU1 or IU2, stick may have not been all the way down, ESC stick end point calibration could be off.

I know my castle ESC allows me to spool up while in IU1 or 2 right out of throttle hold.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Lee

Take baldes off to check these things.

Make sure you are in Norm mode.
Check throttle curve menu, that low stick is 0% throttle.
Check the monitor screen in your radio. Low stick = 0% throttle.

Try redoing your throttle endpoints calibration.
radio on, high stick, heli battery plugged in, listen for first beeps, drop throttle stick to low, listen for confirmation beeps.

Heliman450

Hi there HarleyDad505, my first attempt at helping with a problem. You seem to have a whole lot of issues wrapped up in your submission. Although you have a recent joining date (like me), I've got no idea of your experience in the RC Hobby. It sounds to me like not too much. Here goes..............
1. You have a Blade 450X (me too). The issues you describe aren't unique to the Blade, it sounds like a lack of knowledge around all areas of expertise (no problem there, that's why we come here)
2. There are curves in transmitters for each of the switch positions (N,1,2 etc.). You don't say which Tx. but that doesn't matter, principles are the same. Take time away from the heli Problem and make sure you understand your Tx. (see Murankar's reference to curves)
3. I set up a model (my JRProPo can have up to 30) solely for set-up because one needs linear settings, not curves when doing basic settings. Experts can probably do this stuff with their eyes closed standing on their head, but as a beginner, I like to have somewhere I know is a constant
4. I think battery power is easier for beginners as engines are just another area of expertise to master, I advise sticking with electric until you master it (and you will! Believe it!)
5. You mention aluminium being substandard, I think you're a bit mixed up there. Blade 450X is a very good package, it does include a lot of plastic, but I don't think it's substandard. However, it is a flybarless heli (why I got mine) and there's a big difference from flybar helis and as the technology moves so fast what was "in" 12 months ago is probably old hat today. With the Blade programmimg lots of stuff goes via the AR7200BX, not the transmitter. See the videos on the site about "How to do Stuff" with the AR7200BX. I'm doing that right now to make sure my own 450X is on top form.
6. Align have a great reputation and if you're lucky to have an accomplished Pilot with the time to explain what's required then even consider buying one (new) and put the Blade to one side until you feel confident enough to return to it.

That's enough food for thought. If you found my input useful, get back and maybe we can bounce some stuff around with the experts in the background to get us on the right track if we stray in the wrong direction.

Bye for now.

Top Bottom