General Spartan Quark gryo and Savox 1290mg servo problems

benjiboy81

I'm getting a lot of noise from the servo when plugged into the gyro. This is for my HK600GT and not having used either gyro or servo before, it's this right? servo seems to be working Ok and the gyro setup fine.

If I tap the gyro a couple of times the servo noise stops until you give it a rudder input from my dx6i, then the nose starts again. I have the gyro mounted on top of the boom housing using the 3mm foam, metal plate then the 2mm foam pad as the manual says.

Any ideas of What's causing this? Bad servo etc?

Cheers Ben.

Graham Lawrie

How old are the servos? and if you swap the wires from each servo to another position does the problem follow?

Try plugging the tail servo into one of the other positions on the gyro(aileron or elevator).

Could you put a video of the problem on?

benjiboy81

The savox is new. My tower pro mg995's are used. Just plugged a cyclic servo into the gyro and I got noise from that . But I plugged in the savox into the rx and got noise from that too so I'm really confused not as much noise but some. Can't post video atm. I'm running a castle talon 90a esc with built in bec incase that helps

Graham Lawrie

With a video it may help to understand your problem. The noise may be normal? Most of the time you will get noise from your servos, and generally it can go away when it receives an input from your transmitter.

If everything is working ok it may not be an issue:)

murankar

Staff member
Digital servos tend to make more niose than analog. Yes post a video of the problem so we can help you better.

Lee

Its a digital servo. They always buzz.
If the servo is getting hot, then there maybe something else.

benjiboy81

Thanks for the advice. I found that the tail setup want quite straight so was causing the servo to buzz a lot. Sorted things out and it only buzzs a bit which sounds more normal.

Top Bottom