FBL Gyro Spartan DS760

trainrider06

Ok i have set this gyro up with a DX6i about a year ago, on a 450 heli, got a DX8, bound it to the 8, and now for some reason I cannot get this thing in program mode for tail setup.
I did get it into setup for the tail servo, but after that I am stuck....
When i initialize the heli flick the gyro switch back and forth now, it will twitch the servo, but will not seem to go into setup (light stays solid) I remember it was a little bit of a pain before but not too bad.
Anyone know what I might be missing here?

trainrider06

I did, no go....it's got to be some setting that is incorrect on my radio, because I know from when I set this thing up the first time, I read where if the settings are not correct in the radio it won't initialize into setup mode....
Ok here is how my radio has been set so far trying to get this thing to kick into gear....
in my gyro menu it says "RATE" right below Gyro in the menu.
Pos 1 I have had 0, and -100
Position 2 I have 100, have tried 52, 68, 72, 80 and now 100. Nothing!
Position 3 I have had either 0, 100, 79, or 55 just grasping at straws here....:(
My Gyro setup is as follows
CH Gear SW Gyro
see anything that might be amiss?

Tony

Staff member
Can you snap a picture of your gyro menu? I'm not remembering anything saying "rate"

Tony

Staff member
Interesting, I don't ever remember seeing that.

Check to make sure the single wire is in channel 5 on the Rx, and make sure the single wire is on the signal side and not the negative side. Sorry for the late reply.

trainrider06

No problem, I finally found some answers on the Spartan web site...
You wouldn't believe it....I had to power it up, initialize it up, stick a bind plug
into the gyro's flash port....I woulda never thought of that in a billion years!
But now in order to keep it in HH mode my radio is set to -100 on the gyro and
cannot get the tail to hold....this is so night and day different compaired to my
DX6i and setting it up. I had the tail locked tight on that radio, and was not near
as a problem setting up....strange stuff!

Top Bottom