450 Spare parts

MrHatch

Hey,

Now that I'm hovering comfortably in all directions, it's time to start moving. So....perhaps it's time to stock up on some parts to prepare for the inevitable.
Will any 325mm blades be compatible with my Blade 450, or o I need to buy specific Eflight blades. I'm seeing lots avail for the T-Rex 450 at at much lower price then Eflight.

Tony

Staff member
It depends on the thickness of the root of the blade. Do you know how thick your root is now? (the part that slides into the blade grips, just in case you didnt' know)

MrHatch

Hmm. Apart from putting a ruler to my blades, that info isn't provided in the Blade 450 specs. Also, the thickness of the root of the blades I'm looking at online don't include to size of the root either?

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, you will have to measure it. I have some 450 blades here that I can measure to tell you if they will work or not. Also, let me know what the distance is from the center of the mounting hole in the root, to the outside that actually goes into the grip. Sanding blades sucks lol.

Tony

Staff member
I'm showing about 8.5 on these blades from center to inside root. And the root is 4.5mm thick with a 32.7mm chord.

MrHatch

Ok, the measurement form the centre of the hole to the root seems the same. When you're measuring the root, are you measuring just the thickness of the blade itself, or the blade and the plastic it mounts to that has the mounting hole. Just the blade is 4.5mm on the blade I have, however it's more like 6.5mm if I include to plastic mounting bracket.

Tony

Staff member
Oh crap, your blades have plastic spacers on it huh? Well unless you can get those off of your old blades, then the stock 450 blades won't work.

Tony

Staff member
If it has flat pieces of plastic that go in the blade grip with the blade, then I don't think the 450 blades will work. Sucks too, cause I know how much E Flight charges for their items lol

Tony

Staff member
Any time bud, that's what I'm here for. Let me know if you have any suggestions on what you want to see in upcoming videos and I will see what I can do. And let me know if there is anything else you need help with.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
you know what you should do ( :p ) :) , upgrade the head of your heli with a trex metal head, and you will have a stable heli with a better head. and cheaper blades. I mean cant beat HK's price (with slow shipping) or even xheli's price with faster shipping for the GF or CF blades. :) you'll save a lot and will be happier!

just my 2 cents.! :)

Tony

Staff member
In all honesty, I would suggest ordering the HK450GT or the HK450GT Pro. You will be much happier. But I understand about sticking with what you have now as well. lol.

Tony

Staff member
I have never tried the Tarot, but if someone wants to send me one, I will fly the crap out of it hahaha

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Haha! Yeah I am using their FBL head and Tt gears. The gears are GOOD quality and the head is near perfect like align without any slop. I love tarot ESP for its price .. :)

Top Bottom