General Sound System

Jimbo

Has anyone tried the Mr RC Sound, V4.1 system for helicopters. I have one on the way, but wondered if anyone else has tried it.

Jim

holtneil

Hi mate I know a guy has it on a plane and its good , the speakers are getting smaller and louder which is better for the helis
But do they do sound files for the helis I have only seen them for planes

holtneil

Hi yes your right they do , shame they dont do the AH1 Cobra, do a video would love to hear how the heli one sounds I have only heard the Planes
  • MD 500
  • Bell 222
  • UHI
  • Blackhawk
  • Bell 47

Jimbo

Thanks for the information. Mine is on the way, so I will post once I get it in for testing. The sound for the UH-1 sound will work for the Cobra. They share the same frame, head and engine. The Cobra was often called a Huey. Now, I am talking about the Vietnam vintage ships. Things may have changed for both, on the newer versions.

Jimbo

Well, at long last my sound system arrived today. It came with a full set of instructions and installation videos. The downside is, that they are all contained on an MP4 disk and I have nothing that will play it. :mad-new:

Jim

Jimbo

Thanks hotneil. I took another look and discovered there is an indentation in the floor of the CD drawer that holds an MP4 disk. I did not know that.

Now that I have looked at the installation instructions, I see how to do this (I think). The fixed wing planes, tie the sound to the throttle, which we do not want for a helicopter. A helicopter is brought up to Flight Idle (IU1) and the governor keeps it there. It does not have the louder, softer sound of an airplane engine.

So, we can hook the engine sound up to a knob, turn it on for startup and low idle, then advance it to the faster speed and leave it there. After landing, just turn it down and go to shutdown sounds.

There is pilot chatter and gun sounds too, but you need a separate channel for each one. Good thing I have a DX-9. :arms:

Jim

Top Bottom