Sorry no video this time, my sd card died.

murankar

Staff member
I finally got this heli to hover. It's not great but at least I can get it into the air without breaking it. I solved an issue with the belt, it was just a tad loose and was wearing out the teeth plus it was leaving "lint" all over the place. What keyed me in was the noise it made on initial spool up and the noise change once I got past mid stick. The tail rotor was changing noise pitch once it kicked in.

As for the hovers, I went through five batteries today and had a great time trying to control this machine. I was still a little tense during the flights but managed to get through it. There was a coupled times during the 5th battery when I thought I was going to hit myself. I got on the sticks hard and almost lost control. In the end I pulled it out and landed with out issue.

Tomorrow I plan on doing another video attempt. I should be good to go with this other sd card I have. I have posted a few blogs since I did not know where to post my latest events.

Lee

Well done dude. Be very careful about how close you are to the heli. They can be next to you in a flash. I just heard a story about a guy who got hit and it was not a pretty site. We do get very complacent about these (toys) me included. I for one, after hearing the story yesterday will not be standing anywhere near as close as i used to.

murankar

Staff member
I have seen videos of folks who got hit by 450 class helis. Not a pretty sight. I thought it was closer than it was and I managed to get it on the ground before it got to close. Today was a challenge due to the wind. It was not that bad but enough to cause unwanted movement. A few times I was able to react to it and other times I was not. In the end it was a great time. Feels good being able to get it off the ground and landing with out spending more money.

murankar

Staff member
Today I took the training gear off. Wow that was intense for the first battery. I settled down once I started the second battery. By the third I wanted to try a circle for what ever reason and I got about halfway around a light gust of wind came out of nowhere and lifted it another 3 or 4 feet. I thought I was going to loose it so I worked back down to the ground safely on the skids. Walked over and moved it back to my starting point and went back to just moving around in the general area.

I think I finally got the trims set, I think I may need to get a swash leveler because now I have almost full left trim. Hovering seems much better now that I do not have to compensate on the sticks for the trim. Now for the gyro, I had dropped two points the other day and it seemed to steady up. Today however I had tail wag at 58 so I went to 55 and still had wag. I thought I was going in the wrong direction so I kicked it back up to 60. I will have to get a video of this so ya'll can see this and inform me what I need to do.

Still for what ever reason when I switch to idle up my motor does not spin up like it should. I have my throttle curve set at 100 100 80 100 100. Pitch is doing what it is supposed to do, just no head speed. Could this be a ESC setting that is wrong or is it just me not traveling far enough in the curve to see the head speed? I will try and post a video on Saturday showing my settings.

Top Bottom