250 Sorry for posting so many questions.

Trex 250 Flyer

By one of my friends they said if the speed contoller got frazzled it might of not got to the servos or gyro but have probly have got to the motor is this true because if it is i will have to go out and buy a new motor.:nightmare:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Get a new esc and check everything! That's the only way to tell whats up. You can go out and get a 4.8 5v battery pack. Take the rx and the servos off the heli. Hook it to the battery pack. Hook up the servos to the rx. And test them. Then put everything back in provided that they check out ok. Spool up the heli and check the motor. That's all you can do at this point. Whatever is fried replace.

murankar

Staff member
It is possible. The motor plugs directly into the esc. You could test the motor with a new esc. Just give real quick stick input to see if it will spin. Brush less motors can't run very long with out some kind of load on them.

I would change the esc first then test. If the test results in a none working motor then get a new one.

I would also suggest the align motor. It will be durable and can handle quit a bit of punishment. I would suggest a scorpion but those are expensive, I bought one for my 450, but I am glade I did.

Tony

Staff member
It's not possible. The max power that can go to the motor is the max of the battery. This is voltage. The motor will only draw as many amps as it needs, the ESC does NOT push the amps. there is no way you can burn up a motor unless there is a bind or something and even then the heli would have went full throttle when it was given a fatal dose of power.

Just go out and get a new ESC. DON'T purchase a receiver pack, it's a waste of money unless you plan on flying nitro some day. Get an ESC, plug it into the Rx and hook up the battery. As I have stated in your other thread (not sure what one, you have had a LOT of threads on the same topic, please try to consolidate everything in one thread that has to do with the same aircraft) get an Align ESC for a 250 and use the Align 250 motor. Do this then report back on what the result was.

Top Bottom