General Something Puzzles Me

canongraphy

Ok guys this has been eating at me and may sound really ridiculous but I have to ask.
I am perplexed as to how in the world a canopy stays on when guys are throwing the heck out of their heli??
I mean unless there is a special mount I don't know about, I for the life of me see how it isn't torn off on the very first jerk backwards in even a tic toc!
The G's they pull should rip it clean off...or am a crazy???

Derek

well, on my Trex 500...there is a slot at the front of the bottom frame piece. The bottom of the canopy slides into that slot and then the canopy attaches to the canopy mount posts on the sides of the frame, behind the main shaft. I'll get some pics to show you.

GEDC0020.jpg
This is a close up pic of the slot at the front of the frame that the canopy slides into

GEDC0021.jpg
This is the same as above, just a bit further out to show the location of the slot

GEDC0022.jpg
This pic shows the canopy slid into that slot

GEDC0023.jpg
This pic shows the canopy nuts/grommets that slide onto the mounting posts.

I hope this helps you understand. I'm sure that other heli's are different, but this is how it is on my 500.

GEDC0020.jpg

GEDC0021.jpg

GEDC0022.jpg

GEDC0023.jpg

Last edited:

canongraphy

Oh I know Derek I understand that my 600 fits fine, but I guess what I mean is when these guys are flying backwards and even inverted, it makes no sense to me that it stays put. The force of the wind you would think would push the sides out enough for it to let go. I have seen guys lose them in video's but know they didn't have them slid on the bars enough.
I know they work...
Still bugs the heck outta me LOL

Derek

yeah...it's pretty impressive, for sure.

me personally, I just find it amazing that these heli's weigh up to 12lbs and more and the heli pro's just whip them right around like it was a piece of paper. Just awesome!!!

canongraphy

yeah...it's pretty impressive, for sure.

me personally, I just find it amazing that these heli's weigh up to 12lbs and more and the heli pro's just whip them right around like it was a piece of paper. Just awesome!!!

Yes my friend you are absolutely right, it is awesome to say the least!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Check out my video of the whiash first looks .. I talked About rc booya canopy supports

You'll see that in bigger birds its never a good idea to believe on just a push fit canopy standoff going through a rubber grommet. Look around on YouTube there are tons of videos of 700's annuhilating themselves with canopy coming off

You would always wanna have a screw type setup or something like Rc booya standoffs. Now that will stay even it you crash. The fiberglass might fail around them, but those will not disengage .. And that's what you want.

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

canongraphy

Check out my video of the whiash first looks .. I talked About rc booya canopy supports

You'll see that in bigger birds its never a good idea to believe on just a push fit canopy standoff going through a rubber grommet. Look around on YouTube there are tons of videos of 700's annuhilating themselves with canopy coming off

You would always wanna have a screw type setup or something like Rc booya standoffs. Now that will stay even it you crash. The fiberglass might fail around them, but those will not disengage .. And that's what you want.

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Yes so I am not crazy! yes I will get me the booya's for my 600 that's looks much better than the push and hope method this is push and it holds, much better!
I saw your quick vid of your beast bro and man that is gonna be sweet!
Thanks Gaba!

Lee

Same here, I have screw on mounts. No way they are coming off unless it crashes.

Top Bottom