500 Something I forgot to mention

trainrider06

don't seem to be an issue with the heli, but I just remembered to ask....
When I initialize my 500, everything goes as normal....except
I have to switch my throttle hold switch on, then off before it will spool
up. Anyone ever have this issue...if it is even because all works normal after I
do this....
Rodney

Lillyryan

I think really with an elec bird you should have throttle hold on when you initialize to stop accidental spool up anyway. Im a nitro flyer so dont quote me on this but it sounds logical to me.

trainrider06

I think really with an elec bird you should have throttle hold on when you initialize to stop accidental spool up anyway. Im a nitro flyer so dont quote me on this but it sounds logical to me.

I don't think its a problem, I haven't tried initializing it while I had throttle hold on, just know it initializes, everything beeps, gyro lights up as its supposed to....just will not spool up unless I flick the throttle hold on, then flick it back off....spools up fine, and flys no problems....I haven't thought to flick throttle hold back on and see if it won't spool up then....that could be a problem right there...I might need to investigate that....

trainrider06

Yes just sounds like a safety feature to stop accidental spool up. Better that way than the other lol.

I am not sure if this is just something that the Castle ICE ESC's do or what, I really need to check it out and see if the throttle hold does actually work though after i get it fully initialized LOL That could be a bad thing if it doesn't....I don't quite have the Super Man reflexes or ability to jump tall buildings in a single bound....or even catch a rogue heli spooled up all the way and shooting to the moon after an accidental throttle up thinking the TH was working :(

Lillyryan

Yes best check that sucker out as they don't take prisoners #ihavenofingersleft.

If it won't fly put a bigger engine on it!!!

Lillyryan

Yes they certainly have. The 700 I have just got is scary stuff.

If it won't fly put a bigger engine on it!!!

trainrider06

I bet that thing seems like a monster....I know compared to my 450 the 500 seemed like a monster too! LOL then ya get used to it and think...hmm? Bigger? LOL

Tony

Staff member
Of Ot's not a safety feature, then you need to calibrate your end points in the esc. I would do this anyway.

Top Bottom