ESC something fell off my esc

gaurdian

Well tried the align 500 out today a little tail wobble and then something fell,,,It's a little round thing that goes to the esp align bl70g esc there was two of them sticking out the side now well only one and I'm holding the other one...I know I need to buy another one but just wondering 1 buy the same one that broke or buy a better one and what is the better one?.... 2 I have a gaui ge-610 esc that is 100a that is new would that work for now or is it to big? and 3 what is this little round thing anyway?

RandyDSok

That sounds like a capacitor ... you would want to replace it with an equivalent one and probably at least as good as the one lost. They require that you get the polarity correct also ( they have a + and - side )

If you recently got it and it's in warranty... contact Horizon Hobby... they may replace it for free ( the whole unit )

Lee

If you don't have the experience to solder on the component, I'm sure you could find someone locally that could do it for you.
If you want to use the Gaui esc for now, it will be fine. Using a bigger ESC only effects the heli by its weight, not what it does.

gaurdian

thanks lee I never thought I could just solder the think back on.. not much little wires coming out to solder but worth a try thanks for that tip lee you made my day....

Top Bottom