General Some will never learn...

bigone5500

Flew a little bit this morning and had a little fun. No wind. Was going to fly this evening with little wind. Started out at the driveway and was going to fly out to the field. Got about 20' up and the wind got stupid. It blew the heli toward a tree and I hit the throttle to get it above the tree. The heli flew to the other side of some power lines and while trying to fly it back, I hit the main line. I killed the throttle to try to minimize damage but the heli fell to the ground from about 25' and broke both the ball joints off the blade grips. Good thing my mSR S will be here tomorrow. Just gotta remember to turn off that stupid ceiling fan.

:heresyoursign::eek::mad::(

bigone5500

So I was over at Amainhobbies right? I was orderin' some parts for this busted up helicopter cause some idiot thought he could fly between two power lines. I ordered a tail boom cause I thought to myself...self, one day you gonna crash this thing. And when you do it's gonna bust up that tail boom. Well that day was today. So much for thinkin' I was gonna have some extra parts around.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I always make sure that I have spare parts on stand by. That way I don't have to wait for the parts to come in.

Boogs

Always a good idea to have a good supply of spare parts on hand. Haven't hit a power line....yet.... there is a eucalyptus tree that has a voracious appetite for helicopters where I fly.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
The area I fly has, power lines, fence, trees and a shed all around me :blue:. I haven't hit the power lines because I sit right next to the pole so I have less chance to hit :bellyroll:. The trees, when I first moved in, we became close friends :censored:. The fence I hit once, so far. The shed, well I've been lucky and just came close :chuckles:. I've learn to be quick with my sticks and at the same time I have to learn control flying in this area too :dizzy:.

Top Bottom