450 Some rigging

trainrider06

ok on my Walkera V450DO3 I'm doing some MOD's electrics, servo's and such.
The servo's that were on it were burnt, and stripped, so I decided to put these EMax servo's on it.
With some slight milling on the frame, and chopping the tabs off of 2 of em I got em to fit.
My problem though is my linkages are a little off as you can see in pix.
Is this gonna be a big problem? I can get them straight except if I bring them a notch in on the servo arms
I'm pretty sure the links will bang into the servo on max throws.
Any ideas? Or is this ok?
image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

murankar

Staff member
First thing take the links off the arms and let them hang. Where ever the end up on the servo arm that where you want them.

2) Are those servos digital?

trainrider06

Yes they are digital, they will line up I know with just a slightly longer ball, but these balls are smaller than a regular 450, actually look like a 250 heli ball. Just gotta find those to fix that alignment problem to pull links more toward the rear. It's the side to side that I am wondering about.
As it is when I put servo tester on it mounted I won't get full throws down because the link will bind or hit the servo case moving the ball link in a notch.

Tony

Staff member
You should be just fine with those links like that. It's a little off center, but not too much. But as URI stated, try to get them as close to parallel to the main shaft as you can.

murankar

Staff member
The most important thing is to get the links as vertical as possible. That's what's going to give you the most grief. When they at canted like that you will have geometry issues.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

trainrider06

Ok, got links pretty close, close as they are gonna get without wedging em into the servo's I reckon...set it up on the Kbar....see how it flies if it's not blowing crazy wind tomorrow...
Sorry for the wire mess....but she's still in test phase lol.image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

trainrider06

Just took this baby up in the garage! Only had about 6X8 foot area to work with, and this thing is very nice! Stable and firm, feels like an Ikon or BeastX on controls! Pretty dang good FBL system so far!
now I am itching to get it outside!

trainrider06

Haha, this is torture! I took the day off today cuz I am just plain wore out, thought maybe I could play some.....but noooooo!

Top Bottom