Trucks Some jumps with the rc-help traxxashttp://youtu.be/NkOhpyBtQrE

Adam

Here you guys i know Tony has been waiting to see it in action Ok you too sam hahahaha. I had a few good jumps and one blooper so enjoy. And yes you have to love kids commentary in the background but my daughter did a wonderful job.

[video=youtube_share;NkOhpyBtQrE]http://youtu.be/NkOhpyBtQrE[/video]

Tony

Staff member
haha, looking good Adam. Can't wait to see this truck on a dirt track. Something with a long backstretch where you can hit second and open her up.

Adam

Going out to my buddies farm with it tomorrow. Taking the heli too but i dont think weather will permit flight lol. Oh i get it into 2nd on the road the grass is not so easy. Now this truck is durable i was running it full boar on the road and turned to jump the curb into the front lawn and low and behold the 4x4 mailbox post dead center woops haha.

Tony

Staff member
The strength is one of the best things about this truck. You can beat the crap out of it and it will just take it.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Looking good Adam! Lol when you get the true feel for her you will be sailing her threw the air! Haha haha! I'm getting mine out tomorrow!

Adam

So i had to take the engine off to clean up the one way bearing. Is there something i need to adjust besides meshing the gear cause it doesnt shift into 2nd gear as good as before?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
No not if you did not mess with the adjustment. Did you run a piece of printer paper thru the gears to adjust the lash when you put the motor back on? There is a rubber plug on the tranny. The adjustment for the second gear is there under the plug.

Adam

No I did not run paper between the gears. So the paper should make it through without tearing im guessing. I will check.

Adam

ok im probably just imagining something it is cold right now like 40 degrees so maybe it was just the weather lol. i did go back and run paper through the gear though and it made a perfect wrinkle cut french fry and did not tear the paper i assume perfect?

Tony

Staff member
What he means by run paper through it is when you get ready to bolt the engine backup and tighten it down, put a piece of paper between the clutch gear and the spur. This should put the lash at exactly .5mm, where it should be. As for the shifting, dont' touch that shift point. If it's not shifting, then I'm guessing the motor needs to be a little more lean. But, use a temp gun to verify that.

The one way bearing was an issue I had. Just blow that sucker out with some brake cleaner and it will be golden. Oil will work it's way through that bushing and get on the bearing.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
ok im probably just imagining something it is cold right now like 40 degrees so maybe it was just the weather lol. i did go back and run paper through the gear though and it made a perfect wrinkle cut french fry and did not tear the paper i assume perfect?

Like tony said put the paper between the gears and push the motor against the spur with the paper in there Titan everything down then turn the spur to get the paper out. Lol sorry I thought from building helis you would know what I ment!

Adam

I didnt even do that on my Heli build lmao and the gear and the pinion still have no wear and tear haha i guess im just lucky that way. and that is with about 30 flights on them already but i wrote this down for the future so i know it is done right.

Top Bottom