450 Some help for a noobie again :P

Andrei Cioca

So yesterday I posted on the forum my problem with the 3gx and dx7s not being able to do some 3d so Tony helped me. It worked like a charm and this morning, I chrashed it :(. I went to the hobbie shop, bot some parts and changed my 3gx because it mest up. Now I am back to zero. In the video I show what is the problem. Could someone help.

here is the video : Rc-help.com :Help for a noobie: T-rex 450 PRO DFC - YouTube

Thanks

"sory if I sound strange, I am french"

wolfman76

WOW!! that is weird never seen that before in normal modei wish i could help you on that only thing i can think to try and help which is what i would do is re-bind the rx and start the tx setting over from scratch might work but don't take my word for it maybe westy tony again or gaba(coolgabsbi) mathias(murankar) jesse(super bad) or someone with a lil more experience then me could help you better but like i said that is where i personally would start... but maybe wait till someone else should chime in first before you try that... but it sounds like something really electronicly got knocked out of whack in the crash... hope you get it worked out

Tony

Staff member
As stated before, your english is fine. You should hear those Aussie's hahahahaha.

The reason your pitch is the exact same in normal and idle up is because your pitch curve is the same. I'm guessing it's linear (0 25 50 75 100). You need to leave your IU1 pitch curve linear, but you can change your Normal pitch curve to 46 48 50 75 100. This will only allow a couple degrees of negative pitch at low stick. Just enough to hold it to the ground.

In your gyro menu, I noticed that position 0 on the switch (all the way up) is in the negatives (has a "-" next to it). When you are below 0, you are in Rate mode. Position 1 (middle) is above 0 and is in HH mode.

Hope this helps.

How much collective pitch are you running? Meaning, at full throttle, how much pitch does the head have? Is the full positive and negative pitch close to the same? Also, what is your cyclic pitch set at? On the 3GX, it needs to be exactly 8º when setting it up in DIR mode. You will then adjust the full cyclic pitch later on in the program.

Andrei Cioca

I have around 9° of colective pitch and around 8° on cyclic pitch, but still, I don't get the idea. First, when I flip the switch, isin't the head suposed to turn much faster. I don't get any difference when I flip the switch or when I don't flip the switch. It is like I stay in normal mode when I flip the switch. I have my mcpx and I have a linear pitch curve in normal, idle and hold. My trotle is the same, linear. The differance between my mcpx and the t-rex is that I can do 3d on the mcpx.

again sory for my english

Thanks.... oh juste a litle question... how do you leave positive feedbak :)

Tony

Staff member
Okay, so your throttle is not changing. In your throttle curve menu, set Normal mode to 0 40 65 65 65 and IU1 to 95 95 95 95 95. That should get IU1 spinning the head faster. If it doesn't, make sure you do NOT have governor mode enabled in your ESC. Should be in the manual how to edit the ESC settings because I can't remember off the top of my head.

And for feedback, just click "Thanks" below any post that you want to thank. It's just below my signature.

As stated before, your english is fine. You should hear those Aussie's hahahahaha.

Oi what's wrong with us Aussies, it's those flamin' Kiwis that have the funny English!! hahaha
Sorry thread jack... I should read and see if I can help...

Sorry haven't been able to see the video, computer at work is playing silly buggers....
Did you program your radio for the MCPX or did you download a setting for it?

I'm sure this has been checked, but have we checked to make sure the switch itself is working?

Top Bottom