Soko level

Slobberdog

Seen as I had a problem because I went cheap I have just plumped for a Soko level kit

image.jpg

I have just made a heli level table to be able to get a perfect level on the shaft,

image.jpg

Once I get this Soko level back I will play again at setting my self level perfect,

image.jpg

image.jpg

Lee

Nice Kev.
I have been in contact with Andy, and asked for a tool to review.
He gave me a good deal, but I still couldn't afford it at the time.
I will get it eventually.

Slobberdog

Yeah it's not the cheapest butt, I had a good deal from helidirect, cheaper than anywhere else plus 10% off for labour day.

So had to do it, did not kill me to much on postage either

treff

So Kev, your on the straight and narrow not to mention level from now on, smooooooooooth lol

Slobberdog

Always been on the level fella, just my level might not be as straight and narrow as yours,

All things considered though this tool looks awesome, hopefully will be able to get the ikon set up very well for the self level

Slobberdog

well its taken a fair while from ordering but I have just had a customs invoice for the charges coming into the country, so should have my Soko Heli tool by Wednesday, woo hoo

murankar

Staff member
Yeah that is one nice piece if kit to have. Just make sure your main shaft is perfectly vertical. You may have to shim the skids to get the main shaft perfectly vertical for setup only.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Slobberdog

you set up your main shaft first, I made a levelling table to use with this new tool so it would be perfect.

Lee

I really wanted to do a review of this, but even at the great price they offered it to me, at this time I just couldn't afford to spend anything on non necessary items.
But once I have my new job, it will be first on the list. :thumbsup:
Looking forward to seeing how the level table app works on the phone. Can't get my head around it.

Slobberdog

Yeah gonna be a while before the app is available, November time maybe for android and a short while after for iOS yeah it's suppose to make leveling the shaft and swash so easy,

can't wait till I get it now, I need to play, as have 2 heli's needing spot on setup.

Lee

I'm really keen to see how far out my eyeballing set up is out, compared to this

Slobberdog

Lol me too, I know how picky the align digi pitch gauge can be, so want to see it done properly,

People actually report the Heli flying significantly better after using this tool, but doubt my mediocre abilty will notice, lol

murankar

Staff member
If my application at the LHS goes through I might be adding this right under my charger and TX. I really would love to have a perfectly setup heli. I really like that table setup you made. I think I am stealing the idea, I have the wood just need the bolts, wing nuts and washers.

Slobberdog

If I was to do it again I prob go for flat piece of wood 1/2" thick and attach three adjustable furniture feet to the bottom same config as servos it will be a tad easier to level that way I think

Slobberdog

Well just used this for getting my 500 dead on, and set level in my brain software,

Before when I have done this using my phone I was getting a bit of movement when I then put it into self level mode, even on the bench, this time no movement, WOW is all I can say,

It took me about half an hour to true the main shaft and level the swash, as it was the first time I tried it, next time I will do a write up with some pics,

Top Bottom