Micro Soft start on IU on MCPX

sarconastic

I thought I posted this but can't find it. So here goes. When in Normal mode on my MCPX throttle response is immediate just like an FP Heli. But when on the ground stick down the tail rotor starts and the main rotor slowly spools up. I thought maybe the mesh was to tight but it isn't really even trying to spin up til about 2 secs after I flip the switch. Not aure what the deal is. Does Expo affect this when you switch?

WOody

Tony

Staff member
That is completely normal for the tail to start first. There is so much strength in the main motor magnets that it holds the motor (the popping you feel when turning the head by hand is called cogging) and takes it a good bit of power to start spinning. The tail motor on the other hand has less cogging, so it spins easier. Hope this helps.

wolfman76

Yeah I have mine does that also a couple when I have hit throttle hold when I knew it was going in the grass .. so I would set it back up on the pavement and turn throttle hold off it does that everytime.. first couple of times i thought something was wrong with it till I figured out what i was doing. ..

Top Bottom