Projects So....

trainrider06

I am seriously thinking about starting a project FPV racer since I went to this guys club and visited and one of the members let me check out his flight while he flew it and I watched through his goggles...It was awesome!
This is not something that I am going to just dive right into and start buying crap for, but I would like to get a decent frame to start out with and just kinda motivate me a little when I see it sitting in my to do project area...
Soooo a decent frame?? Anyone know whats sorta middle of the road good??

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I am seriously thinking about starting a project FPV racer since I went to this guys club and visited and one of the members let me check out his flight while he flew it and I watched through his goggles...It was awesome!
This is not something that I am going to just dive right into and start buying crap for, but I would like to get a decent frame to start out with and just kinda motivate me a little when I see it sitting in my to do project area...

This is were Derek comes in.

Tony

Staff member
Derek and I have the same quad. Check out my quad build video. I also did an FPV install video as well. It's a fantastic frame.

Lillyryan

Holy crap, Ryan came out of the woodwork and posted up!!! Welcome back bro! :biggrin1:

Ha ha. Yes sorry not been on for ages but work and health issues sort of put me off track for a while. Hope you are well mate. I will have to catch up on the forum once I get chance.

Tony

Staff member
You will be happy to know that I did finally put that helicopter in the air with your motor, ESC and gyro! However, the ESC had to go and Rodney sent me a castle ESC with a very slow spool up. But the motor is doing fantastic and the gyro paired with Rodney's DS520 is rock solid. Now, I'm waiting on cyclic servos but they are backordered. Really wanted to put align servos on it, but just don't have the cash right now. Maybe soon lol.

Check out the HK450GT (SE V2) thread in the 450 section to see it fly. Well, sort of with those servos lol. Almost plowed it into the ground lmao.

Tony

Staff member
I have quite a few videos on that little guy. If you do a search on my channel for "250 quad", it should bring them all up. Including the ones where I was fighting PID settings that were way too high.

Tony

Staff member
That is just the GCS (Ground Control Station). You can download that from the web. No longer is OpenPilot being supported. In fact, if you go to their site, it doesn't even come up. Very long story, but one asshat shut it down adn will not release it. So they started what is called LibrePilot. But you have many other firmwares that you can run from multiwii to cleanflight if you are wanting to stick to open source. If you want to spend some real money, you can get things like the NAZA and such.

Tony

Staff member
I'm just happy that I could finally get the thing in the air after all this time lol

sneezy007

Hey Rodney,

Did you ever get around to building this quad? I'm just doing some research into these quads and have heard really good things about the ZMR 250. You can get them on www.aliexpress.com for a decent price.

Cheers.

Top Bottom