General so inconsistant

Sparse

my pitch gauge, so many different readings. am i doing something wrong or is it the gauge. R/C Logger. as long as I have had my heli it really has not even flown yet. wtf ! it should not be this hard. one blade i wil get the same postive collective and neg and the other blade will give me the same postive and different neg. i went through the head the feathering shaft is brand new what gives.

EyeStation

One thing that was told to me was to make your measurements from the same position.
If you are checking the blade on the left side, zero out the gauge against the frame and make the measurement without moving the heli from that position. To measure the opposite blade, rotate the head 180 degrees and measure the second blade from that same left side.
Once you start moving the heli around your baseline reference angle changes.
Not sure if that makes sense to you, but it helped me.

Sparse

ok thanks that did help I put a block of wood against the skids, all is well. when im done i will go to the field and have somebody check my work. in a few days when i get the chance.

pvolcko

YEah, digital gauges are a bit of a pain. AS said, you need to pick the spot in the sweep of the rotor disc that you want to do all your blade pitch measurements from. I usually do them off the nose of the heli (blades parallel with the lengthwise line of the heli). I measure one get it setup for 0 MAX and Min, and then (without moving the heli) rotate the other blade around to me and measure it, adjusting the blade link as needed to get it as close to 0 as I can. I do a quick check to make sure MIN and MAX reading around about the same. It may vary a little since it is difficult to get the blades to be perfectly straight off the head and parallel with the length line of the heli. I don't obsess on the second blade, it is just a quick sanity check to make sure the blade link is pretty close. I put a mark on that blade and when I do tracking testing during the maiden flight I will only adjust the link on that marked blade.

Top Bottom