General So I was at the LHS this evening

bmandery

and I hopped on one of the sims they have there, loaded up a CP. WOW, how different they are to fly, sure I killed it about 6 times LOL but was inverted. I can't wait till my sim gets here and I can get some time on that..

Funny thing is, it is super easy to get the heli inverted but twice as difficult to get it uprighted again.

Derek

It definately takes some time and some "getting use to," but the sim in an awesome tool. I've been on mine for quite some time and I've crashed over a million dollars worth of stuff already. I really need to work on my pitch management on the sim. I also need to get over the fear of crashing my 500. It's gonna happen eventually.

Tony

Staff member
Just a clarification. It's "Collective Management". Just don't want anyone to be confused by that lol. And Sims are great but there is no substitute for the real thing.

Derek

Yes..."collective management." I knew I was wrong in saying "pitch management" but I couldn't think of the right term, lol. :)

stokke

The simulator is an invaluable tool - all pilots should have one. The training obtained from a simulator is almost directly applicable in real life (if set up correctly).

murankar

Staff member
Yes, but at the same time most people treat the Sim like a game. That can be worse than the real deal.

When one does have a couple hundred dollars in their control one tends to be more conservative on the sticks.

Last edited:

stokke

Yes, but at the same time most people treat the Sim like a game. That can be worse than the real deal.

When one does have a couple hundred dollars in their control one tends to be more conservative on the sticks.

Yes. The sim should be taken seriously, and not just mess about - if that's the case your not gonna learn a thing.

bmandery

Well today my Blade 120, DX6i and Phoenix Flight sim showed up. Been playing with the radio and flight sim a little bit here at work. Bound the radio to the Blade, which was pretty simple. I haven't flown it yet. But did on the sim, FP to me seems similar to CP but not as radical. Well at least on the sim they don't. Real flying I am sure is a different story. Maybe I can get some flight time today.

bmandery

Well it took me awhile to actaully get to fly, work has been busy and then with the holidays. But found some time here today at work.
Here is a link to the maiden flight: http://www.manderymotorsports.com/heliflights/blade120sr/

It handles completly different from the sim to the real thing. Sim is much more responsive. I even out of the box put the swash plate links to the advanced settings and it seems like you really have to give it alot of cyclic to move around. IDK I am sure it's just me..

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Can't watch it on my I pad. It's alright, but if you could, put you videos on you tube so that us apple users can see them!

bmandery

Stokke, it's the 120SR. Are they normally not that loud? I have read reviews about this bird that it likes to toilet bowl. It seems this one likes to do that, if I am understanding that pharse correctly. It will hover but in a counter clockwise circle and you have to alway keep micro managing the cyclic. I have read that this could be because of many issues. I will have to dive into the head when I get a chance.

murankar

Staff member
One no it is a fixed pitched heli.

Second the fly bar style will cause it to toilet bowl. The 45°angle that the fly bar is at will cause that effect and yes you will always be on the sticks with it. Every flight I had on mine I was always making corrections on it.
Typically the heli will want to rock from front to back.

Top Bottom