So I got a little bored yesterday...

cn63bug

Hey guys. Got a little bored at work yesterday and decided to make something to keep my blade balancer in when I'm not using it. I work in graphics and made a label to go on the top of the box. It's hinged on the back and has a clasp to keep it shut on the front. It's about 13.5 x 7 x 1. What do you guys think?

dubro1.jpg

dubro2.jpg

dubro3.jpg

cn63bug

It's a PVC based material. It comes in sheets that are 4 x 8. This one was done with 1/2" material. The machine that I used is kind of like a big CNC in a way and can route PVC, acrylic, foam and wood as well. I like to have things need and tidy when they are not in use. Also made a portable heli-pad when I'm out and about that was made of a material called di-bond (has the "H" printed on it and even has a carry handle cut into it :) ). It's a pvc sheet that's laminated with thin aluminum. I've made a few other things before on it as well. Mainly cases for the KK2 boards that I was using when I had a quad.

Derek

That really looks great! I like to keep things neat and tidy, too. Not always does it happen...but I try. That case is awesome buddy! Nice job!

cn63bug

I think Du-bro should sell your cases. :) Very nice work. I see an EBay business from home in your future.

Thanks you. I'd almost consider it if there was enough interest. Although I don't know that I could make them for a reasonable price though. I would think that it would be close to the cost of the tool in terms of cost based on my materials. :)

pvolcko

If you can't do it cheap, then go the other way: high end, exotic materials, perfect fit and finish, custom designs and engraving, custom layouts for other tools. Be the Bugatti of RC/tool cases! :)

Lee

Very nice job. There is a huge market for your skills in the RC world. I know guys that are cutting there own canopy plugs to make canopy moulds. And people are lining up to buy then from him. Theres a guy making a new designed canopy for the Warp 360 similar in shape to a TDR. He put it on a forum to show people and they are all like " I want one!!"
You could cut frame parts as well. I made a base plate for my Trex 600 out of G10.

cn63bug

Very nice job. There is a huge market for your skills in the RC world. I know guys that are cutting there own canopy plugs to make canopy moulds. And people are lining up to buy then from him. Theres a guy making a new designed canopy for the Warp 360 similar in shape to a TDR. He put it on a forum to show people and they are all like " I want one!!"
You could cut frame parts as well. I made a base plate for my Trex 600 out of G10.

Thought of that too... The machine I use can easily cut carbon fiber. Team Red Bull uses one of these routers to cut carbon fiber panels to make replacement body panels for formula one racing. It's an awesome machine. :0

cn63bug

Was able to get a few pics of the helipad I made not long ago. Did it to take off in the field. It's about 18"x21" and is cut from di-bond. It's PVC material with aluminum laminating on both sides and is quite sturdy. The "H" is printed on the material with UV inks and is also durable as well.

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't RC related, but I thought I would put this up as well as it shows some of the other stuff I design and make with this equipment. I am a Star Wars fan as well and have the high end lightsabers, but didn't like the flimsy feeling desktop display stands. So I designed a wall mount that works very well.

pad1.jpg

pad2.jpg

pad3.jpg

base4.jpg

base3.jpg

base5.jpg

base2.jpg

wolfman76

So if i was interested in buying one how much you figure it would be in shipping (of i was interested in getting one)...

Top Bottom