Snow!!! Yuck!! Lol

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well it's snowing here in western NY. We have about 2" on the ground here. South of here in the Snow belts there is upwards of 6-8" onj the ground and snow covered roads. What's the weather like were your from? Post you conditions!!!! LOL

:feedback::feedback::feedback:

:hmmm::ohsnap1::Opps:

Last edited:

wolfman76

ummmmmm cold pretty much it here in NW indiana no snow as of yet i live in hammond,indiana which is only a 15 min. drive from chicago which is kinda unusual considering we usually hammered with snow by now... but i will take it for now...lol

Graham Lawrie

Snow in the hills of Kinlochleven/Scotland/UK at 2000ft, getting cold , but too much rain for it to lie in the valley:) Winter is here!

RMB677

Was cool for us this morning, 29F at 7:30am, but it was sunny and warmed into the upper 50's. I've been fighting a cold with much coughing but did manage to get 2 batteries worth of flying in today before coughing fits took over.

Predicted to be pretty much more of the same all week.

llommel

29 degrees here now, will be 10 degress by morning with 2 inches of white stuff on the ground. Won't see thawing till maybe Wednesday.
Goodtime to take the ice sled out on the lake with smooth ice & no snow on the ice yet.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well I ended up with about 3" or so. The roads are slippery! Saw a van go off the road and thru a fence a little while ago on the way back from a movie and dinner. Went to see sky fall. If your a bond fan a must see! Lots of action!

BOKI

Hi Breeze400; This is BOKI I use to plow snow for THE Department Of Transportation OF ILLINOIS! Can't say I Love SnoW!! but I made big money plowing it! Put in minimum of 12 hours & many days 16 to 20 hours a day! Very stressful job in heavy traffic & at night! We haven't had any snow where I live yet usually December 5th or 6th then 6 or 8 snows in December! Kids Love it though ! I know how you feel though its dangerous driving & can be hard to clean up! Just keep smiling its part of Life & we can't do nothing about it! THE BEST BOKI ILLINOIS 7:44 PM SUNDAY!

Whirlybird

Boki . . . I'm 50 miles northwest of you . . . Please use your plows to keep the snow from coming up to us in Bolingbrook :yikes:

:) So far we have dodged the bullet :)

- - - Updated - - -

Snow in the hills of Kinlochleven/Scotland/UK at 2000ft, getting cold , but too much rain for it to lie in the valley:) Winter is here!

Just noticed your location Graham :) My wife's maternal/grandparents came from Shetland & Orkney :)

BOKI

Hi Breeze400; This is BOKI I use to plow snow for THE Department Of Transportation OF ILLINOIS! Can't say I Love SnoW!! but I made big money plowing it! Put in minimum of 12 hours & many days 16 to 20 hours a day! Very stressful job in heavy traffic & at night! We haven't had any snow where I live yet usually December 5th or 6th then 6 or 8 snows in December! Kids Love it though ! I know how you feel though its dangerous driving & can be hard to clean up! Just keep smiling its part of Life & we can't do nothing about it! THE BEST BOKI ILLINOIS 7:44 PM SUNDAY!

Hi whyirlybird; I to don't care to see any snow maybe we will have another warm winter! I don't go up that way much only if I have to ! I Plowed out of MORRIS ILLINOIS YARD! My route most of the time RT 6 from RT 47 to Chanahon! 11miles both ways plus RT80 East & West RT 47 North & South RT 6 East & West! Lots of driving sometimes up to Yorkville! Any good Hobby Shops up your way ! ? THANKS FOR THE COMMENT! BOKI 8:08 MONDAY ILLINOIS TIME THE BEST!

Whirlybird

I must be flying inverted . . . All my directions are reversed :yikes:

I meant I'm 50 miles northEAST of you :dizzy:

- - - Updated - - -

Theres's a number of good hobby shops . . .

Oakridge Hobbies at 75th & Lemont in Downers Grove
Al's Hobby in Elmhurst
LaGrange Hobby in LaGrange
Leisure Hobby by Joliet Mall

To name a few :)

BOKI

Re: Snow!!! Yuck!! Lol Whirly bird;

Hi Whirlybird; Just want to comment on dizzy ! I use to deliver windows & doors with a flat bed trailer up there!Between getting a head ache in all the traffic I guess I would get dizzy up there! Like it don here in smaller towns your heart rate stays lower the more South you go! Anyway Thanks for the Hobby shop locations information! Really is more relaxing south of you driving! But I sorta stay clear of North & East if I can! The BEST BOKI

Whirlybird

["in smaller towns your heart rate stays lower the more South you go"]

Tony must have a REAL "slow" heartrate way down south, in the sticks where he lives :lol:

But that won't last long after he revs up that new heli :yikes:

Last edited:

zenmetsu

75F, not a cloud in the sky, no wind or breeze at all. Was like this yesterday as well. Perfect flying weather.

BOKI

Hi Zenmetsu: You are lucky you don't have any snow in Arizona ! We are in for December, January, February, & sometimes March ! I was Born in Illinois & its just one of our seasons! The kids have a great time & You sorta get use to it anyway one could move ! Lucky you can Fly all winter! THE BEST BOKI in your flying & your new helicopter!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Whirlybird: You know the heart rate thing is true when your not use to all the traffic you tense up ! Then as you get back South you gradually relax more! When you live in bigger cities though you get use to it! I know in the Service it took me awhile to get use to big cities & then it was just everyday ! Your right about Helicopters they do get your Heart Rate Up but its great flying them! THE Best BOKI

zenmetsu

We have lots of snow here, you just have to go to the right places. :) We had snow on the mountains until late May last year.

Top Bottom