600 Slowing Elevator and Aileron on FBL

Karubah

I did my first spool up on the 550E FBL today. Managed to get the skids 6" off the ground without any real problems. I was wanting to know how you can you slow down EL and Ail as it is VERY touchy. Im using a Dx8 Tx. Also if anyone as a soft setting for same? I will try to get video in few days when my wife gets back. ( She will have to do the camera work as me being a male I can only do One thing at time.):glee: Cheers Andy.

Tony

Staff member
This is where Expo comes in. Go into your expo menu and set your DR and Expo. You will have to play with it, but I can give you a starting point.

Aileron
Elevator
Rudder
Position 0
DR:70/Expo:35DR:70/Expo:35DR:0/Expo:0
Position 1
DR:85/Expo:25DR:85/Expo:25DR:0/Expo:0
Position 2
DR:100/Expo:15DR:100/Expo:15DR:0/Expo:0

<tbody>
</tbody>

Tony

Staff member
Hit the enter button too early. If you saw it with just "aileron" in there, look at it now. Again, you will have to make this your own as my settings may not be what you like. The higher you go on the switch position, the more travel you will have and the more twitchy it will be. Try it out and let us know how it goes.

Karubah

Thanks for you quick response Tony. I was thinking along those lines but was not to sure of the numbers to punch in. Would they be the same as for your 600? By the way the little box on your reply was it supposed to have anything other than aileron written in it?

Tony

Staff member
Look again, I have filled it in.

and yes, I will be using these same settings in my 600N.

Karubah

They are showing up now so I'll input them tomorrow night. I might try videoing it with the gopro on a headband but i think it will show up to far away to show any faults to be easily seen. Thanks again and Cheers .:glee:

Tony

Staff member
We love videos. Post as many as you can. You never know when you will catch something that is cool or you need help with.

stokke

I didn't see what FBL Gyro was being used, but not all allows D/R and Expo manipulation from the Tx. 3GX does. BeastX does not.

Ken Jackson

I recently put some expo on my rudder. Was finding I was putting unwanted rudder input in as I was changing blade pitch. Helped me a lot. I have a 3GX so not sure it will work for everyone.

Ken

Ken Jackson

I put +15 in on all 3 dual rates. im not sure you can do that on a DX6i? I have a DX8 and a friend suggested it. Solved the touchyness.

- - - Updated - - -

my 3GX is wired the same

Tony

Staff member
The video is private. If your tail is going up and down, making the nose look like it's saying yes, then you need to lower your elevator gain.

Karubah

Try it now Tony and see if it works. This is the first vid I have ever uploaded was not sure of the settings.

Tony

Staff member
Just an FYI, Private, only you and who you say can see it. YOu have to enter their username on youtube. Unlisted means people can not see it by searching, but people can see it if it's embedded on the forum. Then public is just that.

That heli looks really good! Looks nice and stable in the air. Just lower the gain on the elevator pot on the gyro about an hour (if looking at a clock) counter clockwise and try it again. It does look like you need to raise the gain on the aileron just a bit though. It has a lot of drift in it.

stokke

You can try to lower the gains on the elevator pot on the 3GX - but this behavior might also be caused by a not perfectly set up head (servos 90°, swash level, and so on).

Ken Jackson

Are you flying with the 3GX or the Beastx? That's the first negative thing I've heard about the beast. How about the Ar7200x does it allow D/R and Expo from the TX?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry that question was meant for Marius

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Are you flying with the 3GX or the Beastx? That's the first negative thing I've heard about the beast. How about the Ar7200x does it allow D/R and Expo from the TX?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry that question was meant for Marius

The beast and 7200 both have functions where you can select if you want to use their elevator and aileron expo or use what is on the transmitter&hellip; It is in the parameter menu&hellip; I always run my expo and DR on the transmitter I prefer

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Tony

Staff member
The beast and 7200 both have functions where you can select if you want to use their elevator and aileron expo or use what is on the transmitter… It is in the parameter menu… I always run my expo and DR on the transmitter I prefer

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

:werd:

Top Bottom