General Slow Spool up ??

treff

Another question that puzzles me, if anyone can help I would be most grateful. Is the slow spool up programmed from the TX or is it all done in the ESC? I have looked on the net
and can find nothing of the nuts and bolts of doing this. On the on electric plane I own there was a soft start option on the ESC but I don't think I bothered with it. Again probably
a dum question but unfortunately I have a thousand of em.

It does sound like your ESC is programmed for soft start.It is a good thing to have it on a soft start. The reasons for it being good on a soft start.
1) a soft start can put less stress on the motor. Normaly ppl flying helis have it on soft start

2) if the motor is brand new , it is a good thing that it is on soft start. Its a good why to break in your motor

Also check the ESC programming and see if it is set for brake off. The reason for "break off" is so if you get low on power you can auto -rotation it to the ground safely

Lee

Its all done in the ESC programming.
Its generally only used for Helis to stop sudden spool up from stripping the gears out.

treff

It does sound like your ESC is programmed for soft start.It is a good thing to have it on a soft start. The reasons for it being good on a soft start.
1) a soft start can put less stress on the motor. Normaly ppl flying helis have it on soft start

2) if the motor is brand new , it is a good thing that it is on soft start. Its a good why to break in your motor

Also check the ESC programming and see if it is set for brake off. The reason for "break off" is so if you get low on power you can auto -rotation it to the ground safely

Many thanks nitro208ca for the info. Just one of those things that was nagging me.

- - - Updated - - -

Its all done in the ESC programming.
Its generally only used for Helis to stop sudden spool up from stripping the gears out.

Thanks Lee. I wasn't to sure if the modern tx to some part in the spool up. Cheers

Tony

Staff member
You can set the DX8 so that it will spool up slowly, but if you are not in idle up all the time, it will just end up messing you up. As stated, it's all done in the ESC.

Top Bottom