Micro Slow reactions on 130x

Just finished swapping out my 130x frame with a cf micro heli frame and after all is said and done I cant get this thing to lift off. The problem is that when i give stick input the servo STAYS where i push it until i give it input again to come back OR it will be very slow moving. This ONLY happens while motor is spinning? ALL input is fast and crisp until i spin it up.

Slobberdog

Try unplugging the motor, connect the battery and raise the throttle to centre stick once the board initialises, and see if you then have a problem with the servos being slow, if they are ok disconnect the battery and re plug the motor then try it again if they go slow when you have the motor running then it will be a motor draw problem or a 3 in 1 bec problem

Try unplugging the motor, connect the battery and raise the throttle to centre stick once the board initialises, and see if you then have a problem with the servos being slow, if they are ok disconnect the battery and re plug the motor then try it again if they go slow when you have the motor running then it will be a motor draw problem or a 3 in 1 bec problem

Crap, did that and all servos worked fast, smooth, and correct with motor unhooked but then with motor engaged they would slow down, stick and generally be stupid. So probably the 3n1 should be m,y first fix? (of course the most expensive) :(

heli-maniac

Send the board to Mega Micros they will fix it and its only 25.00

Mega's Micros

How many flights you have on the stock motor
Also the stock motor plugs are not that great I change all mine out to a better plug

Last edited:
I only have maybe 30 batts thru this board. I just found ANOTHER board from a previous 130x and installed that and the exact same thing is happening!? Does that mean it has to be the motor? Or just coincidence and they both need to go to MegasMicros?

Well, I sent the board in to megas micros, replaced servos AND put in a new upgraded motor and I still have the same issue! The servos work perfectly until I apply throttle at which time the servos respond to input but never recover until a new command is sent and eventually just quit altogether until throttle is off at which time they work fine again. ???

heli-maniac

You can not really bench check the servos
if you are giving it throttle the gyro is on and its holding the servos till it sees that it has moved to the command

Yeah, that's what megas micros just said in a long email this morning but the fact is that on the floor (as apposed to bench) the heli wants to tip left so I HAVE to give right which makes it tip right because the servos never recover. It will not lift off. I've flown this and many others and never had this problem so I know it's not the as3x "system" working perfectly as megas states. :(

EyeStation

Would doing a throttle end point calibration help this at all. I am kinda figuring it doesn't have the pitch to lift it because it never sees full throttle. Just another thought.

Tony

Staff member
This is possibly due to the fact of the 3 axis gyro. You gave it an input and it will hold it until the helicopter reaches that spot that you told it to go to. The swash will act differently on the ground than it does in the air.

Ok, i am in need of some serious help. ;) I just bought a NEW BOARD for this stupid helicopter and ALL OF THE ABOVE symptoms still appear. I CAN NOT GET THIS bird to lift off. It will ALWAYS tip LEFT or tip RIGHT but never lift off. What could POSSIBLY be wrong??>? It has the microheli frame and upgraded motor but all else is the same. What the hell??

Slobberdog

Do you have a cracked main shaft or cracked boom that is causing you vibration, or even a head block that is split at the mounting bolt location,

Slobberdog

You say microheli frame, do you have the 3in1 board mounted well, as there is no specific platform on that frame if I remember right, could do with some sort of damping mounting, and I think most zip tie it on the frame,

Pop some pics up and maybe we will be able to see something

Top Bottom