Slobberdogs 500 DFC Maiden

Slobberdog

Well here you go guys it's not long as in a hall you don't want 5 mins of hovering that would be just boring!

So spooled it up without the canopy got it light on the skids then shut it down to do this video, so what your seeing is the first 60 seconds of the birds life in the air

[video=youtube_share;2KN8Dg3xHX0]http://youtu.be/2KN8Dg3xHX0[/video]

Slobberdog

Lee it feels super smooth, shame I am not that smooth, but done a 4min flight late in our session just side to side with turns and she was really smooth and docile and that's at 70% flat head speed above centre.

Really want to get it outside now to stretch its legs, can't believe how much more stable this is to my 450, and the power it seems to have is awesome.

cml001

Very very nice!!! That is a larger heli... Makes the 450 look like a 130! Great job! What fbl unit are u using?

Slobberdog

Nice one Kev. Looks well dialled in:)

Graham I spent a while getting the swash perfect and with these DFC heads I think that is key, it was almost hands off straight of the bat,

Looks and sounds brilliant Kev. I bet that will zing outside. Cheers

the sound difference is mega, all be it a bit intimidating tbh, but I like it so far, cant wait to get it out in an open space,

Ken Jackson

I knew you'd like the feel of the 500 over the 450, not even a close contest the difference in the two. I've flown a 700 and it's bigger but doesn't fly that much different to me anyway. I like the cost of maintenance on the 500.

Very smooth Kev, congrats on the build. See which of us gets our 500's out and stretches our birds first. Just hovered mine today. I'm flying the IKON for the first time, was a 3GX last year.

ken

Top Bottom