Micro Slew of upgrades coming my way.. :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Flown xtreme mcpx too.. Didn't like it

Flown Kbdd ... Too stiff and very breakable. Also develop a bend .. So causing tracking issues ...

Like them better than stock till they start to not track or ofcourse snap at the first hit

I don't know about these xtreme fast ones though. They are softer but have a better airfoil than Kbdd as it seems. Also mine are fast response blades... May be its been a whole since I flew this bird but going idle up 2 in the house had me fighting it for a couple seconds till I got it stabilized

Ill fly a bit more with these and see how it does.

Now ofcourse my power plant has changed too.

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

xokia

Flown xtreme mcpx too.. Didn't like it

Flown Kbdd ... Too stiff and very breakable. Also develop a bend .. So causing tracking issues ...

Like them better than stock till they start to not track or ofcourse snap at the first hit

I don't know about these xtreme fast ones though. They are softer but have a better airfoil than Kbdd as it seems. Also mine are fast response blades... May be its been a whole since I flew this bird but going idle up 2 in the house had me fighting it for a couple seconds till I got it stabilized

Ill fly a bit more with these and see how it does.

Now ofcourse my power plant has changed too.

Yea that's why I said get some air time on them first. I imagine it will take a little bit to get used to the new motor before you could effectively notice the differences in just a blade change.

I'm interested to see what you think. Stock blades are fine for me now but I kinda like the bright blades as anything the makes it easier to tell orientation is a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

ill tell you i have flown mine with the extreme tough blades and the other 130x that i sold with the stock blades and i like the extreme blades better the stock 130 x blades seem to give more flex in hard pitch change but that is me i know gaba has flown with the stock blades and the KBDD and now to extreme fast response blades

How hard are the xtreme tough blades? I imagine the harder the blade the snappier flight but the trade off is durability which was kinda pointed out by Gaba with the KBDD blades.

heli-maniac

they are 4 to 5 time stiffer than the stock blade by far
and as far as how well they hold up im still on the first par and i have hit the ground a few times and im talking as in the street have hit the wall a few times hit the table leg one time they show very miner dings from all this

Last edited:

xokia

they are 4 to 5 time stiffer than the stock blade by far
and as far as how well they hold up im still on the first par and i have hit the ground a few times and im talking as in the street have hit the wall a few times hit the table leg one time they show very miner dings from all this
I looked on their website and I dont see anything listed as "tough blades" are these just the standard blades? Or is there something unique about them? I did find the quick response blades that gaba is using.

- - - Updated - - -

Dang you hit the table leg with a 130x? I wouldn't even think of trying to fly the 130x in the house? I've hovered with it inside the house but that is it. I have put enough marks in the walls with the mcpx that I am lucky to be alive as is. My wife would KILL me and that's no joke if I did that with the 130x.

heli-maniac

they would be the standard blade i guess the place i got them called them tough blades and they are
ya i just hover mine around to but have lost it a few times just playing with the movement

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
OK.. I finally got a battery of flight in.. Just right before it started to rain here in North Dallas.. Was determined.. Here is a link.. give it 5 mins from posting.. and then see..

Please excuse my blabber and over excitement in the video. I really was very excited! :)

CORRECTION from the Video: My Pitch Slider is Lynx.. Pitch leveller on tail is Micro heli..
loving this bird!! Beautiful flight!! except the little crash doing the inverted tail in funnel :p

130 X First flight with the upgrades - YouTube

Last edited:

heli-maniac

looks good Gaba hope to get mine out this weekend for some testing to see when i want to buy the spin 8000 motor

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Putting this thread to the top

Hint hint --- mike :) :D

I am not around the 130 for now so when I am I can post more :)

xokia

Putting this thread to the top

Hint hint --- mike :) :D

I am not around the 130 for now so when I am I can post more :)

Thanks its got the picture of the motor I wanted I see how that goes in now. I'm getting more convinced my motor is down on power. I start to lose the tail if I do a lot of pitch change and I can hear the motor bog at 100% throttle which I dont remember it doing when I first bought it. I'd like to get the spin motor for it. It is out of stock everywhere though so I am waiting now. I may just break down and get the HP08. I know the stock motor is an inrunner and it gets pretty dang hot. All my other helicopters except the mcpx are outrunner and those motors have never been hot. So I think an outrunner would run cooler and last longer anyway.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Excuse me if I have asked you this already.. Did you subtrim your pitch to zero at mid stick yet ?

xokia

Excuse me if I have asked you this already.. Did you subtrim your pitch to zero at mid stick yet ?

I didn't use subtrim I adjusted the links for 0 pitch at mid stick.

I broke down and got the HP08 I read the spin motor sucked up the battery more and was a ton more powerful. Probably more then I need.
I also got the 10T pinion and motor mount.

Last edited:

heli-maniac

I didn't use subtrim I adjusted the links for 0 pitch at mid stick.

I broke down and got the HP08 I read the spin motor sucked up the battery motor and was a ton more powerful. Probably more then I need.
I also got the 10T pinion and motor mount.
what batteries are you running

Top Bottom