Site Down Time

Tony

Staff member
As many of you are probably aware, the site has been down most of the week until now.

We had a hard drive failure and had the data center replace the drive. We had backups, but much of the software had to be resintalled and setup from scratch due to them putting blank and freshly installed Linux operating system on the server.

Everything should be working, except perhaps some mail functions. Any problems encountered over the next few days will be addressed, and I appreciate your patience while we get the site back to 100%.

Thanks!

Tony

Staff member
That was actually Ken (@Rc/Ken) that did the repair on the server. It was WAY above anything that I could have done. I would have just had to start from scratch and it would have taken far longer. So mad props go to Ken for helping us out! We are going to set up a little script that will keep issues like this from taking the site down for almost a week. A day at most, maybe two, but no a week. Just need to get it setup after we get everything else working properly. I just created the new user "admin" so that I could send out that email that you hopefully have received by now which points to this thread. And when I say "we", I'm talking about Ken and the mouse he has in his pocket :biggrin1:

I have been away from home since Sunday so I have not been able to do much with the server. But with something else that came up, I will be going home today and I will be there until Monday. I might post more about this in another thread, not sure yet. It's not good and is going to rip my family apart, I can almost guarantee it!

Man I'm so glad to see this damn! as far as the other thing if there's anything that I can do let me know I'm there, I actually thought maybe you threw in the towel I didn't know what was going on I signed up for the Other Forum I posted a question 4 days ago and I still haven't got an answer.

Tony

Staff member
That site is not allowed to be talked about here. Long story.

But somehow we will get through it. Not sure how though.

And I tried to let everyone know, but I guess not many people here on the forum are on the facebook page which is the only way I had to update everyone.

Rob Lancaster

Great to see the site back up!
I actually thought it was my computer. I always have little strange things happen with this and all my machines.
So Tony, don't take this the wrong way when I say; you don't know how happy it makes me to see it happen to somebody else...
Welcome back buddy!!:beerchug:

Tony

Staff member
Oh trust me, it happens to me a lot. This one was a little worse than the others though.

Top Bottom