1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Site Down Time

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Tony, Jul 19, 2018.

< Weekly Digest Email | Corrupted Server, That Sucks... >
  1. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    As many of you are probably aware, the site has been down most of the week until now.

We had a hard drive failure and had the data center replace the drive. We had backups, but much of the software had to be resintalled and setup from scratch due to them putting blank and freshly installed Linux operating system on the server.

Everything should be working, except perhaps some mail functions. Any problems encountered over the next few days will be addressed, and I appreciate your patience while we get the site back to 100%.

Thanks!

2. Admiral

Admiral I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Information Technology (Retired)
    Well done Tony, how much sleep did you get over the last few days ?

3. Tony

Blog Posts:
    That was actually Ken (@Rc/Ken) that did the repair on the server. It was WAY above anything that I could have done. I would have just had to start from scratch and it would have taken far longer. So mad props go to Ken for helping us out! We are going to set up a little script that will keep issues like this from taking the site down for almost a week. A day at most, maybe two, but no a week. Just need to get it setup after we get everything else working properly. I just created the new user "admin" so that I could send out that email that you hopefully have received by now which points to this thread. And when I say "we", I'm talking about Ken and the mouse he has in his pocket :biggrin1:

I have been away from home since Sunday so I have not been able to do much with the server. But with something else that came up, I will be going home today and I will be there until Monday. I might post more about this in another thread, not sure yet. It's not good and is going to rip my family apart, I can almost guarantee it!

4. Ronald Kessler

Ronald Kessler Member

Blog Posts:
    Man I'm so glad to see this damn! as far as the other thing if there's anything that I can do let me know I'm there, I actually thought maybe you threw in the towel I didn't know what was going on I signed up for the Other Forum I posted a question 4 days ago and I still haven't got an answer.

5. Tony

Blog Posts:
    That site is not allowed to be talked about here. Long story.

But somehow we will get through it. Not sure how though.

And I tried to let everyone know, but I guess not many people here on the forum are on the facebook page which is the only way I had to update everyone.

6. Rob Lancaster

Rob Lancaster Member

Blog Posts:
    Great to see the site back up!
    I actually thought it was my computer. I always have little strange things happen with this and all my machines.
    So Tony, don't take this the wrong way when I say; you don't know how happy it makes me to see it happen to somebody else...
    Welcome back buddy!!:beerchug:

7. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Oh trust me, it happens to me a lot. This one was a little worse than the others though.

8. sneezy007

sneezy007 I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Geophysical Technician (Retired)
    Home Page:
    Great to see the site back up and running. Thank you to you and Ken for all your hard work.
    Dino

Tony likes this.
< Weekly Digest Email | Corrupted Server, That Sucks... >