General Signal problems

kratata

I looked up at the sky this evening and saw some beautiful grey clouds (not thundering or raining) and thought, man, how awesome would it be to fly a fpv plane in those things. I then began to realize potential problems that could occurre when flying in the the clouds, so here are my questions: (1) is it hard to keep moisture from clouds out of your plane/fpv camera? (2) do clouds make you loose signal with your fpv camera/plane? (3) I've studied the atmosphere a bit before and rememberd that clouds protect us from harmful rays/radiation that the sun gives off and wanted to know, do those rays affect rc planes at all? (4) would a transmitter like spektrum or any of those big name ones give signal far enough to fly your plane in the sky? (5) could a fatshark fpv setup easily reach/go through clouds? (6) I heard that the FAA made it law not to go higher than 400' and I also heard the FAA only recommended not to go higher than 400' which is it!?

- - - Updated - - -

If I could change the thread name to "flying in cloud questions" I would...

Tony

Staff member
It's a LAW that you must fly under 400' altitude and not within 4 miles of an active airport. As far as what I can say as the forum owner, this is it on this topic, but I can't stop others from helping you out.

kratata

Yep. That pretty much screws my dreams over. But I saw some videos on YouTube with people flying rc planes in the clouds. What would happen if the FAA caught you? A fine? Also, I have heard of events where designated areas are off limits for any sort of manned aircraft, allowing for rc guys to fly to infinity, and beyond!!

Top Bottom