450 Sick of these Rubbish HK PRO GT helis!

Westy

LEGEND
Man I just can't win .... I finally get the parts for this guys heli I am fixing and I have it up flying .... hovering and giving it a bit of an easy workout ... and bang!

Aileron Servo ball joint strips out of the servo horn and then it starts spinning at the same time!

So it bends the normal parts

the Brand new align Main shaft
Feathering shaft
Flybar shaft
main blades....

and I go to pull the servo out and half of the bottom mounting bracket (HK939mg) falls off .... I pull the servo out of the chassis .... and then try to undo the damaged servo horn and the other half of the servo mount brakes off !!!!

Not my day .....

I have contacted the guy and he says he will pay for all the new parts .... I think I will go halves with him because I just feel bad about the whole thing.....

or just not charge him any labour for any of it ... even though I have spent forever on it!

and then ... to top it all off ..... I go to order all the parts off Hobby king again ... and thier site falls over .... cart empties and now can;t get back on there.

Last edited:

Karubah

Not one of your better days Westy .Hopefully things will improve tommorrow, did you run over a black cat to bring you this sort of luck? lol haha. Andy

Westy

LEGEND
yep ... found another problem... the belt drive transmission had stripped on hte shaft and the tail stopped mid air (well enough to lose all authority ... that was the main cause .... tail started to spin faster and faster!

GRRR.... another 3 weeks to get parts!

Tony

Staff member
Same thing my 250 did. Sooner or later, this crap quality and crashing is going to catch up to China and NO ONE is going ot buy from them again. I hope that day is soon.

Westy

LEGEND
unfortunately the align V2 belt drive tranny does not fit .... they are 2 different designs....

I have had to order another one from HK..... it is ridiculous.

I was only hovering dialing it in ..... and then away it went!

Westy

LEGEND
Right all my parts have been sent .... from HK so hope it does not have a 10 day delay in one of Singposts sorting corners ... where they play soccer with them :)

just got to get an align part and we are good to go...

hs1295_1.jpg

Here is my list of HK parts .... (I did have some Align Main Shafts kicking about)

CF BLades
CF325mm-1.jpg

MG Servo
HKS939MG.jpg

Metal Control Tail set
ORNG1200-03.jpg

11596.jpg

Plus some other stuff ..... feathering shaft, flybar, mainshaft ..... etc.... ya know the main rubbish that smashes

CF325mm-1.jpg

HKS939MG.jpg

ORNG1200-03.jpg

11596.jpg

Last edited:

Westy

LEGEND
yes ... but not the transmission ... (frames are different) I am going to resin the gear onto the shaft

treff

It really sounds like you have entered my world Westy. The world of the HK scream, that nothin place. Nothin fits, nothin but nothin lasts, and nothing is made from what you think. The twilight world of HK. Beware my friend it will suck you down into the blackness.

Westy

LEGEND
lucky it is not mine .... it is a customers ...... they have nearly spent a new Align heli on repairs....

thanks for that Westy!
that's what i'm slowly learning. HK is great if you kind of know what you're doing, but it's so cheap and nasty. I'm sure i've come close to what I could've spent on just getting the good stuff.... I think i've already spent about $200 on servos just for the cyclic.
have realised much better idea to support my LHS spend a bit more money, get much better support and knowledge.
Lesson learned the hard way, but worth the lesson

Westy

LEGEND
you got it! ..... we all learn the hard way! as when you look at the cost of a heli from LHS .... you go!!!! HOLY CR@P ... .what if I crash it ... no no ... how much will it cost WHEN I CRASH IT!

haha

Yea i now agree whole heartedly!! have done the same thing when i was in wholesale for pushbikes. I've nearly always supported the LBS, knew not to cut corners, now that i got into hobbies you'd think i'd do the same!!
so lesson learnt, generally speaking the LHS will get the business, especially now that i've found one who deserves the business.

murankar

Staff member
Yeah, I went down the EXI road myself. I really had 1 or 2 issues with mine. I started mine with cheap electrics and a few months later I put all high end Electrics. Then I upgraded the air frame. Cheap up front but expensive in the end.

Westy

LEGEND
Got all the bits today! .....

they even gave me a metal Tail Slider ARm that goes to the servo!
Will resin the Belt Gear onto the Transmission shaft before I put it into service.

Will start stripping it all down tonight.... hope to have it airborne tomorrow and posted off back to the customer.... what a Drama!

Westy

LEGEND
Got it mostly all together now .....
* Blades Balanced and CG'd
* Head together
*Tail together

Just a radio check and Then.....
Ready for maiden and Tweaking.

Top Bottom