General Should i setup the tail pitch at 0 degree.

Recenly i just bought a trex 450 and this heli is one of my first heli i build from scratch. At the moment, i am a bit confused with the mechanic setup for the tail pitch. Is this a good idea to set it up at 0 degree of with a bit of pitch at rate mode.

Tony

Staff member
On Align helicopters, you want to set it up where the tail slider is centered on the shaft. This will result in having a little pitch on the blades blowing air out to the right of the heli. So just center your tail servo and adjust it where the servo horn is 90º to the link, then adjust the rod so that your slider is in the middle of the shaft and has equal throw both directions.

i think may be something wrong with my setup. It look like at centre of the shaft, the tail blades have a bit of negative pitch that blow air out to the left of the heli. And when i tried to fly it yesterday, the heli seem like spin CCW faster then CW. IS there something i missed when i build up the heli.

Tony

Staff member
Can you take a picture of your tail blades? I'm wondering if you have your arms on backwards (trailing edge instead of leading edge)

Tony

Staff member
Go ahead and adjust the linkage rod so that you get 0º of pitch on the blades. As long as you are using a good gyro, you should not have any issue. Or if you want, you can put a slight bit of pitch the other way to help the gyro. One way to do this is to set the gyro up in Rate mode, set your idle up switch to where you are going to fly with a flat curve, and adjust the linkage rod until there is no more drift. Once that is done, switch over to HH mode and the tail should be solid.

Finally i found the solution, it can not be any easier, all i need to do it swap the tail rotor holder with the other control link. Now i have a lot of positive pitch at centre of the shaft. i just need to set it up in the opposite way that shown on the manual.

Top Bottom