Shopping list for this summer

Lee

I'm in the middle of deciding what to buy heli wise for this summer. Here is my list.

My Chaos 600.
BeastX FBL unit and Blackwidow head.
8S set up Motor & ESC

My Trex 500
FBL Tarot head and XYZ unit.

New FBL 450

Fatsharks FPV combo pack.

New quad copter for FPV kit.

New batteries and parts for MCPX.

Plus some other odds and ends to make the summer run smoothly RC wise. :D
Going to order this lot in the next few days so its waiting for me in Spain when i return.

OR.....................

Screw the lot and buy a Goblin 700 :p ?????????????????
What do you think????

Tony

Staff member
I have thought about the fatsharks but FPV is just not me right now. Your other heli's are flying great so I wouldn't mess with them. This just leaves... GET THE 700!!!! Can't wait to see that monster crash *ahem* fly... :chuckles:

Lee

Well the 600 needs a power boost for sure. The 6S setup is just too weak. And the 500 head is still dodgy even after the align upgrade. That will only cost $95 to get right.
The Goblin will set me back at least $2000 depending on servo choice etc.
A lot of good toys or one amazing one?????? Decisions decisions :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Goblin is not tested still lee.

I love the looks of that hot rod! But !! I have heard too many horror stories. Customers are still finding a Ton of issues in the build. I have been following the goblin threads just to get a feeler. But I would tell you to wait. It's a very very compact fit, a very low head. And people have had boom strikes and crashes where the parts aren't still very commonly out yet... Company then said to install the "optional" shim in the head as a requirement! Lol

Then many servos are not fitting that horizontal mount system that they got goin on there...

I am all for the idea of having one good big one! But why not go with a 7hv with a scorpion setup. All in all it comes to a 1500 rtf. And they have 12s setups and man that heli screams power with quality and value for the money. My friend just built one here in Mansfield.. That dude maidened it.. And yes it was rock solid with 7200bx and the head was the design that align copied from century and named it dfc.. Lol... with torq servos...

Check it out!! :)

Goblin is good but I think 7hv is at par at quality and looks! ;)

Lee

I saw the video Bert did about the Goblin tail boom strikes. They have solve that issue. Been reading up on Jakes build on RCHN podcast. Its a real long shot anyway if i get one. But the thing that draws me to it is the design as far as crashability. Very low parts count.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I know ... Believe me I live that thing too!! I have been drooling on it since I saw the first video!

Lee

Ok last night i ordered.
Spektrum AR7200BX FBL unit and 600 Black widow head.
Tarot ZYX FBL unit and 500 head.
6 Turnigy nano tech batteries and parallel charge boards (1for these and one for my 6S batteries)
4 packages in all
This morning i woke to find the 2 parcels from HK and the one from the UK are already on the way!!
Just the one from the US left to go.
Now i'm looking at parts for my MCPX and whether to go Brushless or not??

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
just recieved this yesterday ...

I freakin stood on this thing too cause the guy sent me a couple to review.. both black and white color.. Man these are awesome I took my mcpx in a hover 6 ft above, and slammed negative hoping nothing else would break.. man these stood the test.. not even budging..

try them out.. tell him Gaba sent you , he might even give you a 2 for price of one offer. AirTimeRCproducts@gmail.com .. think these are 13CAD a piece..

Try them out. I am actually gonna do a review here on this website ..

P.S: Tony if you are reading this, I dont mind sending you one for free.. :) may be you can review it, better than me... i got white and black .. pick one.. :)

Gaba

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Staff member
interesting. It looks as if they have a narrower stance than the stockers. Narrow is bad for a FBL landing gear. But, if you really want to send me a pair, send it my way. Black please lol. And yes, I will do a full review with video on it. If it's good, I will upload it, if they are crap, I will upload it and promote it hahaha.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Believe me! These are broader than the stock ones cause they can be stretched a bit, my stock ones deformed...

I will send you a black one... Text me your address tiny (TONY) lol

And believe me if I stepped on one and it didn't break... I think they must be good ! But you put it through test tony...

:)

Gaba

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hahahha! Well give me your address too I can send you one white one.. I know you fly and bash your mcpx a lot .... And brushless might be a good test for these! You might be able to punch these harder and see the results...

Mailing will take a while to get there. Give me an address. They can be shipped in a letter envelope.. They come as a kit...

Let me know.

Email it to me at cool.gabsi@gmail.com

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ask and it will be given to you... Matthew 7:7 :)

But that's all I got for now.. No more the give out.. :)

Lee

Ok can i have a 700 Goblin please :D
Seriously, thanks dude. The only thing i didn't purchase in my bling package was landing gear. These will finish the job nicely.

Tony

Staff member
Gaba, what was the link to the paper canopies? I can't find it to save my life, and i'm an admin hahaha.

Thanks again for the landing gear, you will be mentioned in the review video. And if they are good, so will the company (if I can remember them). If they are bad, I'm doggin your butt all over youtube hahahahaha.

Top Bottom