600 shaking all over lol

pj1969

After the brilliant guys on here, i'd just like to ask, i've got some vibrating on start up of my 600, it's all brand new and was my first start up. I'll be honest i've not balanced the blades or checked them as i've not got a balancer. They a carbon 600mm and when i take them off the head, still have a very slight vibration, but mainly on end of tail. Whats yoyr thoughts guys?? :encouragement::encouragement:

Slobberdog

You need to balance your blades, bolt them together like they would look on the heli with the leading edges pointing in the same direction, then use the bolt as a seesaw point, the heavy blade will drop, add some tape to the light blade near the tip but don't stick it down fully.

When you have the weights right then you need to CoG them, use a pencil and put the blade on it until it balances, now with the blade with the tape, place it in the same place on the pencil the move the tape till it balances like the first blade,

Do the same for your tail blades as they are big enough to suffer the same if they are out of balance then try again, and see if that cures your vibrations.

Also check if everything is tight.

pj1969

Right ok will give that a try, i'll clear the dinning room table again lol. If i use some threaded bar i can pivet them between something and see which one falls etc. Does it really make that much difference to the heli if the balance is out?? the whole thing seemed to shake!!!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
High frequency vibration on the tail fun directly corresponds to an unbalanced rotor. Could be main could be tail. I would definitely start with main blades like was told before.

Then also check that the tighness is correct not just too right or too loose. That affects things a lot

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Slobberdog

I just done my 450 and it was out by little more than a cm square of Sellotape, and that gave me a nice shake,

Lee

Finding the CoG is the first step to getting the blades perfect. Do as Kev suggested with the pencil. Put both blades on the pencil, get them to balance equally by adding tape to the TIP of the lighter blade. Once they are the same, mark the CoG on both blades. Now do the other trick Kev mentioned, bolting the blades together and balancing them. Add the tape to the lighter blade AT THE CoG not the tip, other wise your CoG will be wrong again.
Hope this helps you out

is there somewhere with pics I can look at? I can kind of see what you guys are saying, but just need something visual to help me the rest of the way?
Again someone beat me to asking the question I wanted to know

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Man you can buy a blade balancer for $15, $16 bucks. It's a must tool for helis. There are lots of videos on you tube on. Blade balancing.

Slobberdog

Join them and balance like a see saw, apply a piece of tape to the light blade,

image.jpg

image.jpg

Then I CoG them by adjusting the position of the tape I applied to the light blade,

image.jpg

Hope this explains it a bit better

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yep sweet now i get it!!
Perfect thanks!!
Am picking up a balancer from the Hobby shop when i pick up the rest of my align goods

Tony

Staff member
that see-saw is NOT the proper way to balance blades! It doesn't balance them, not even close. I will be doing a video shortly on how to properly balance blades.

600's, all 600's will have a vibration on startup.

Westy

LEGEND
that see-saw is NOT the proper way to balance blades! It doesn't balance them, not even close. I will be doing a video shortly on how to properly balance blades.

600's, all 600's will have a vibration on startup.

When is that method coming Tony? I would be interested to see another view on the balancing method.

pj1969

Again some brilliant feed back and loads of useful tips, i'm going to do mine at the weekend when i can use the dinning room table when the Mrs is at work lol. Cheers guys.

pj1969

just one thing tho guys, i've just weighed my blades and one is 143.6g and one is 143.5g, is this whats causing the shake?? doesn't really seem alot .1 of a gram?? if they weigh the same surely they are pretty well balanced already or is that not the case??? could it be something else???? would the tails blades be throwing it all out???

Tony

Staff member
The blades on my 600 are 1g apart and it doesn't cause a vibration. As I stated before, ALL 600's and bigger will vibrate on spool up. ALL helicopters have a resonant vibration at a certain rpm. You just have to get past it and look at the bird when it's at flying speeds.

pj1969

well i may have sorted it, the blades seem all correct in weight and balance so i looked at other things, checked all screws and nuts etc, all ok, then went into radio and checked settings, i believe that id not quite got the gyro set properly, played around with that and it seems 100 times better.Checked tracking on blades and just tweeked them. I'm not going to actually find out untill i can take it somewhere alot bigger than my back garden to go through it all. My parts for my 450 should be here this weekend, so will prctice what i have learnt on that and see if i can get that up and stay up lol

Top Bottom