450 Setup help

Hondqscotty45

As much as I am always determined to figure out or fix whatever it may be this align 450 has got the better of me gone through a set of blades and now my tail boom and shaft is broke good thing I have extra. But newbie this and I must of set it up wrong because it rolled over and stuck the ground then itself. Is there someone in Chico that knows how to set up the micro beast plus thank you in advanced

Admiral

Did it roll over on the ground or in flight ?

If it did it on the ground check that you have Setup Menu "A" set correctly.

Hondqscotty45

Basically on the ground all the videos I've seen it's the same for the setup until I get over to letter h-ki think the setup is not as the videos say I don't even know what it's trying to set up

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Ok then. Your having problem with letter "H-K" I'm thinking.
"H" is the swash mixer should be 90degrees
"I" Make sure TX stick control the servo in the right direction. Left Left, right right, ect.
"J" is what I call the blue light special. Just make sure you have 6 degree here vs the blue light. A lot of members have problem getting 6 degrees and the blue light. Get close to the blue light but make sure you get 6 degrees.
"K" This is your pitch. 10 degrees is a good place to start with positive & negative 10 degrees.
I hope this helps. Here's Tony's video. Don't panic. This will work for the beast too

Hondqscotty45

Ok thank you and so where should I start with getting the right amount of degrees and also zero pitch and making sure the swash plate is level seems like a lot of things to make sure they line up right all at same time

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
First I would start off with a level surface to place your heli on. If it's not level, you will get false readings right from the start. you mention, It seems like a lot to make sure they line up right at the same time. If the set up of the heli is to much like work, to you then I would find another hobby. You must have patience in order to enjoy this hobby. The member can do the best to help you out in any way we can. There's a lot to learn...that for sure :).

Harford

Just keep in mind that it is important to know what version MB firmware you have and to follow the instruction manual which relates to that version. MB change the menu options as the firmware versions progress. For example, menu point H in V4.1 is the swashplate mixing type but in V5.0 it is servo trim (centre positions) and in V5.2 it is servo direction.

Top Bottom