600 setting up pitch.

pj1969

Well after joining last week, had some pretty good advise and help off you guys, really appreciate the replies. I'm now gona attempt o set my pitch, i'll be honest i've not got a clue as to all the terminology so please bare that in mind when replying. I have got a pitch gauge that fits onto the blades and have fitted a bubble to it, just for better accuracy. I'd like help with first what i should set my dx6i pitch curve too and how to adjust etc. Do i need to adjust just in sub trim or anything else??? after looking at vid's people sent me and i managed to level the swash and set the servo correctly and would you believe it, it all goes in the right direction lol. sorry for being a novice, but hey once i've mastered things i can pass on my knowledge from step 1. :joyous::joyous::joyous::joyous::joyous:

Lee

If your swash is level, and you have the blade pitch set to 0º at mid stick and +10º at high -10º at low or there abouts with a linear pitch curve 0 to 100, then you can start to adjust the pitch curve to the settings for your first flight. Let me know if this is where you are at, and we can go from there. Or if we need to go back a step.

pj1969

Hi Lee, see this is where its baffling me, ive got the fly bar level and put pitch gauge on and got a reading at mid stick of +5 which i know is miles out. How do i adjust mate to start at 0??

Lee

Ok so you did the swash levelling?
For the whole process, you should have the stick at mid point 50% pitch to get everything level.
Next is to move up to the next level in the head above the swash. The washout arms They should be horizontal and parallel with each other by adjusting the links between the swash and the washout arms.
After that its the links to the flybar cage to get the cage level.
Then the links to the grips to get 0º
Once you have that set up let me know or any questions to get that working.
Cheers Lee

pj1969

Right ok,looking at the links and arms above the swash they do look uneven, i'll measure them and set to standard and start from there. so even if the links are at standard lengths shall i adjust to get all level?? some look out 5 or so degrees.

Lee

Ok so you did the swash levelling?
For the whole process, you should have the stick at mid point 50% pitch to get everything level.
Next is to move up to the next level in the head above the swash. The washout arms They should be horizontal and parallel with each other by adjusting the links between the swash and the washout arms. Correction wash out arms and flybar
After that its the links to the flybar cage to get the cage level.
Then the links to the grips to get 0º
Once you have that set up let me know or any questions to get that working.
Cheers Lee

Sorry i made a correction in the above quote.

pj1969

wow thats brilliant mate, mines defo not looking like that. is it best to adjust links etc with pwr to servo's on and radio on and at mid stick with 50 pitch curve??

Lee

Just changed the photo to help you out.
You can leave the servo on, but don't put any pressure on them.

pj1969

AWESOME mate, really helpful. Thats it i'm going in haha gona take a picture before and after so i can see the out come. will let you know how i get on :applouse:

Lee

Cool,
Once that is done, you then need to check that you have the same pitch at high stick and low stick. eg +11º and -11º
If it is say, +13º -9º then you swash plate needs to be lowered to even them out, and then go through all the other steps again.
It can take a few attempts or just one if you are lucky :D

pj1969

Well lets hope this is right.
Mid stick 0º with idle up and 50% pitch curve.
Lower stick is about -10
upper stick is +7º
does that sound about right??? checked both blades and they are both smack on with each other. Had to take about 5mm off lower links and a good 6-7mm off top with a few turn at very top. Hope you understand my terms lol

Lee

Ok so as i said. You need to change the height of the swash to even out the pitch. You have too much at low stick and too little at high stick. Be sure your pitch curve is 0,25,50,75,100
Raise the swash by lengthening the servo to swash links by one or two turns. Then go through and level everything again.

Tony

Staff member
Just FYI, it can take hours to properly setup a head. But once it's setup correctly, the heli will be as stable as it can get. Some great information in this thread! Right on the money!

pj1969

I'm so chuffed with lee , he's a star mate. i'll raise it up a couple of turns in the morning. Its looking 100% better already and i've understood everything. Lee you are a true gent. Thanks Tony also, without your vids to get me started, i'd of been lost. Every one reading these threads with have such a stable heli.

pj1969

Right hit a bit of a problem. i did all links so that arms etc are level,my pitch was a little off, so like you said Lee i raised the swash to get my pitch -10/+10, then ive taken head off to check swash level, but after putting it back on, my arms are are about 40º rather than level and i've lost quite a lot of travel going up to high stick. I'm thinking about taking all links off, setting then back to standard lengths and starting again. Thought i'd mastered it too lol

This thread just helped me understand what I need to do to mine to make sure it's right after the rebuild i'll be doing on it shortly!!
Thanks guys. Just goes to show no dumb questions, and always ask the question, cos there is almost certainly someone else thinking the same thing!
Thanks guys

Slobberdog

Wish I had this thread info when I had my old 450, might have got that alot better in the air then, to many links was a bit confusing for me, but that picture and explanation from Lee opened my eyes a bit to what I should have done,

Top Bottom