450 Setting up in normal vs stunt mode on Blade for 450

FF781

Iam new to cp helicopters I got one thing I don't understand. My question I have is when you are centering servos you have the radio in idle up /sound mode and the left stick centered and swash level. But when I flip the idle up/stunt mode off to go to normal my swash plate and servos all get out of wack. I don't do 3D I just like normal flying. Can any one offer me any suggestion. Thanks

Tony

Staff member
What are your pitch curves in all flight modes? And is there anyway you can get a video of what you are talking about. Would help explain it a lot better.

Tony

Staff member
Cool deal. There are just sometimes that a video will help much better. I have had threads that we chased an issue for days, and as soon as they posted a video, the issue was quite obvious and we solved it within minutes of the video being posted. We shall be waiting lol.

concept30

sometimes its hard to come up with the words to explain what your heli is doing, videos help so much, i have a blade 450 too, dont get align servos there no good, when i connected my align servos, there started moving all by themselves could be a bad ESC cause some of the wires are rubing off, I was coming in for a landing and the heli went crazy and crashed into the fence, havent flew since then. I also only do normal flying also called Scale Flying

Tony

Staff member
I would say about 2% of Align's servos are bad. But for that risk, and buying them from someone that will allow you to send them back, they are great 'bang for your buck' servos. The DS415's are great on the cyclic and the DS425 or if you have a Pro, the DS525 are great on the tail.

FF781

Tony
I went back and watched your videos again reset and start from the beginning it was something to do with the pitch settings I went back and set ever thing as you did in the videos and it works correct. I have had the 450 for almost a year and I have been fighting this right out of the box. Your videos are very helpful thank you for help. I will try to get some pics on soon. I would like to fly to day but at -22 i think I will wait for warmer weather.

concept30

yea the cold isnt good for you all your model, we would love to see a video of your flight, but pictures are good too, You havent broken any of your eflight servos?

FF781

yea the cold isnt good for you all your model, we would love to see a video of your flight, but pictures are good too, You havent broken any of your eflight servos?

Yes I just replace all 3 cyclic. I crashed awhile back bad. I will go with some different ones next time. The set up I just did I hope that it flys a lot better it was not right from the day I unboxed it.

Here is my fleet lol.

image.jpg

concept30

Nice Team you have there, you are going wanna stiff up the head of this 450 3d, one of my blade grips broke, next on my list is get metal ones, everytime a peice breaks I change it with metal ones

FF781

Yes that does seem to be the way go. Iam going or purchase a 500 x in a couple of weeks. I think still reading on them.

murankar

Staff member
Make sure to get the 550 with the castle creations esc. They offer that kit with and without esc, unless I missed something.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom