Futaba Setting The Values In Hold Position In Futaba T16sz

Benoy

Hi, Regarding the Hold position in Futaba Radio T16SZ. In hold position also we can change the values but to fly we need to switch off hold position. new values should be given. My question is, what is the use to give the values in hold position.

Geena

Staff member
I`m not quite understanding what you are asking. But If I`m reading this correctly, you`re asking why the percentages can be changed in throttle hold. The only reason I have ever changed throttle hold values from the default zero, is when I set up auto rotation bail out in an ESC. For example: On my Scorpion Tribunus 200 ESC, the throttle hold percentages ended up being 18%, so that throttle hold would still kill the motor....but allow a fast restart after flipping out of throttle hold in IU1 or IU2. If this is not the answer you`re looking for, we`ll try again. :)

Benoy

Please see the attached photo. In HOLD position also we can change the values. what is the use in changing the values in HOLD position. what will be the effect in HELI. Thanks.

Attachments

• Futaba T16SZ Hold Position.jpg
    Futaba T16SZ Hold Position.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 8
  • Futaba T16SZ Normal Position.jpg
    Futaba T16SZ Normal Position.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 7

Tony

Staff member
That is the pitch curve in throttle hold. You will want to set that to the pitch curve of the flight mode you are flying in. I always set mine linear, but if you prefer not as much negative pitch, you can run a pitch curve 46 48 50 75 100.

Benoy

That is the pitch curve in throttle hold. (You will want to set that to the pitch curve of the flight mode you are flying in. I always set mine linear, but if you prefer not as much negative pitch, you can run a pitch curve 46 48 50 75 100.) what is in the bracket I understood. My question is, in throttle hold what is the use of pitch cure. We can't fly in throttle hold position. We change to Normal or Idle position to fly. still my question remain. why there is a pitch curve in throttle hold position.

Tony

Staff member
It is the curve you use to control the pitch of the blades, the collective if you will. You are right, you can't "fly" in throttle hold, but if you are about to crash, hit TH and try to save the helicopter. A lot of people (@Geena lol) fly up to about 300' and hit throttle hold and do what is called an Auto Rotation landing which is just landing without power. You definitely still want collective control when in throttle hold so don't put a flat curve on that menu. That could be very bad.

Benoy

(but if you are about to crash, hit TH and try to save the helicopter. You definitely still want collective control when in throttle hold so don't put a flat curve on that menu. That could be very bad.) Yes. I got it . This is the answer I am looking for. Thank you very much.

Geena

Staff member
It is the curve you use to control the pitch of the blades, the collective if you will. You are right, you can't "fly" in throttle hold, but if you are about to crash, hit TH and try to save the helicopter. A lot of people (@Geena lol) fly up to about 300' and hit throttle hold and do what is called an Auto Rotation landing which is just landing without power. You definitely still want collective control when in throttle hold so don't put a flat curve on that menu. That could be very bad.
What can I say? Shooting autos is a lot of fun. :p All of my pitch curves are linear, even in TH and normal modes. Like you you said, Tony. Using a flat pitch curve in throttle hold (or any other mode for that matter) is probably going to be a bad day.

Tony

Staff member
sorry it took so long to get to the answer Benoy. We thought you were talking about the throttle curve setting. At least you have it sorted now and have a better understanding of the Hold function.

Geena, when you auto a helicopter with no tail authority like Bobby Watts, I will be impressed hahahahahahaha. Yea right, I'm already impressed. lol.

Geena

Staff member
sorry it took so long to get to the answer Benoy. We thought you were talking about the throttle curve setting. At least you have it sorted now and have a better understanding of the Hold function.

Geena, when you auto a helicopter with no tail authority like Bobby Watts, I will be impressed hahahahahahaha. Yea right, I'm already impressed. lol.
Been there, done that...got the tee shirt and the movie poster. First time was at OHB 2012, when the bushing in the tail slider on my old T-Rex 600N broke. Causing the helicopter to yaw very fast. Second time, was at the local field when I dragged the tail into the dirt, doing an edger. That one was a T-Rex 550E V2. Dragging the tail completely rounded the gears and the tail rotor stopped. Got i down with no further damage. Third time, was with my X7FZ, when the tail control horn broke in flight. BTW... who do you think taught me how to shoot autos? ;)

Top Bottom