450 setting pitch

jake276

hey guys so i figured my whole wiring problem, i am not sure what i fixed but tony really helped me out, know i am having a really weird problem i think, the links on the rotor head are basically at there lowest limits as in no threads showing at all, and i am not at 0% at mid stick its happening at the notch below mid but then if i go lower i get 16% ish of negative pitch and then when i go full collective here is where it gets crazy cause i put all my servos at 90....i thought but it goes too 40% possitive collective, but my problem is if i try to even those two numbers out mid stick is no longer 0% pitch....i am not sure what i need to do

murankar

Staff member
Sounds like the swash is not centered on the main shaft. It sounds like its to low. If that's the case then make the servo to swash links longer. Do this until 0° pitch is reached at mid stick.

Your build manual should have a size for the links. Normally the prescribed lengths should be about right. I normally use the link hole as my measurement if its provided. Basically your measuring the exposed link. The other methods work its just that they are not as accurate. If your ocd about accurateness then use the exposed link method. All the links should be set to the manuals stated lengths. When setting up the head start at the servos and work your way up the main shaft.

Also check your servo horns and make sure they are as close to 90° to the servo body when you start. Once you start dialing in they may not be exact but should be real close. If you fin yourself adding a bunch of sub trim in the fbl the reset 90 and adjust the links as needed.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Last edited:

jake276

I will try centering my swash and hopefully i can get it fixed up will let you know in a bit, thanks for the reply :D

jake276

woo!! that definitely worked :D would you like a little humor out of my not reading something properly xD cause i definitely thought i was reading 10.5mm when for the rod measurement and i thought 15mm was 10."5" mm yeah xD so they had toi be shortened a fair bit =/ but now how do i get the pitch to be between 10-12% instead of 20ish xD

jake276

nvm I totally got it all fixed up and working hopefully xD its a little too windy for me to take it out right now but soon! hopefully i don't crash the moment i take it out xD thank you so much murankar

murankar

Staff member
No problem. Head setup can be tricky because of all the points of adjustment.

If your just starting out aim for a range of 10° 12° degrees on collective and around 8° to 9° cyclic if your on fbl.

Those settings are almost ideal for a beginner. Anything higher requires knowledge of head speed to pitch ratio and what kind of Amos you are drawing plus feel. So stick with the beginner stuff for now. Later on after you have learned more then play with head speed and pitch.

Good luck and have fun.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom