FBL Gyro Setting ESC with 3gx

Walt

Im setting up my 450 pro with rce-bl35p esc and 3gx 4.0 Under setup mode in the manual page 32 Im not sure what the settings are for. I know the brake should be disabled and obviously I need to be in helicopter 1 soft start but what are the other settings for. Electronic timing,batt protection cutoff and throttle response.
I know what to set them at just not sure what they do.

Tony

Staff member
Timing is just that, the timing of the motor. I would leave this setting alone. Cutoff is for shutting the ESC down to keep from damaging your lipo's. throttle response is going to be how fast it reacts to your stick input. I fly in nothing but idle up, so I like smooth transitions between modes, so I set this for slow, or soft.

Walt

Thanks for the info. So I need two set my 2nd and 4rth beep group witch is timing and aircraft status to two beeps, mid stick thottle but I can only set them for one or three beeps. I dont know what I am doing wrong. I know Im at mid stick when Im programing 50 in 50 out. I must be missing something.

Slobberdog

Are you trying to program the esc with a linear throttle curve, it should be 0-25-50-75-100 for the esc to be able to get the correct values.

Walt

I got it! I was using a linear throttle curve in idle 2 mode which I dont use but the switch was in the normal position which was not linear. I guess the bec voltage was set to 6 volts instead of 5.5 everything seems to be working fine. Just need this
wind to quit blowing so I can fly.

Top Bottom