450 Servo's Time For Some New Ones ???

yardner

These poor servos.... They have gone through a lot.....

b8abbe65-b5e6-4b20-bc6e-39ab86c144bb_zpsaa85f507.jpg
As you can see, I have rebuilt them a few times each, and now one of them has a glitch that wont go away.
Now to be clear, i am just a novice, am still on my learning curve and do not do any extreme 3d maneuvers. just some easy flying for me right now.

??? my question is can i, or is there, any cheap servos (3 new ones) that i can buy ( t-rex 450 pro) or should i just go ahead and get 3 new Align DS 415m servos ( $25 bucks each) ???

thanks
Yardner - Texas

4476FAB6-120B-4620-A227-62F2969C3617-4351-0000078DF05DE6EA_zps968f87f3.jpg

b8abbe65-b5e6-4b20-bc6e-39ab86c144bb_zpsaa85f507.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Those 410's seem to have an issue like you are having. I have not heard of the 415's having this issue. I would get the DS415's or maybe get the Savox equivalent.

yardner

how much did you want to spend?

well i don't know.... i have seen other servos at lower prices but i don't no what they are. and i dont no if they are any good. I do know that there are better higher priced servos out there.
but i was really wondering about the off brand servos that are available .

- - - Updated - - -

Those 410's seem to have an issue like you are having. I have not heard of the 415's having this issue. I would get the DS415's or maybe get the Savox equivalent.

OK, Thanks Tony, did not know about the 410's having issues.
Did a quick search and it looks like the Savox SH-0257MG are the ones i need for my t-rex 450.... ( about $ 34 ) these a suppose to be good servos ???

Savox make the align servos, so essentially there is no difference.
I think they make a decent servo if you get the right one. I had the wrong ones on my 450 and they were poo....
I replaced mine with Align in the end, and can't really tell you how good or bad they are as yet, as i'm having other issues with my helicopter, and awaiting parts to arrive.
I have had the cheaper ones, and I've burnt motors out on them in no time, and have just not been what I was expecting of them.
To a certain extent you get what you pay for, but if you can find a good servo cheap then jump!!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Mark I recommend align 415's bud ..

If really not wanting to go for that, you can get some mks knockoffs from hk but they are power hungry and require an external ubec. And noisy

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

yardner

yeah, your right Corsair, you get what you pay for!!!
And after sleeping on it, i think i'll get a set of the Align 415's

thanks

Tony

Staff member
The ONLY issue I have read on the 415's is when they are NOT powered, there is some slop in the gears. BUT, once they are powered, they hold center as good as any of them. If I replace the servos on my 450, I will be going with the 415's without a doubt!

yardner

Thanks Coolgabsi, I'll look at the mks knockoffs.
But in the end i'm going to follow the advice from you and the other members and get the Align 415's

Thanks G, and Everyone for y'all's advice.

yardner - texas

murankar

Staff member
Once again I am late to the game. I use savox myself and like them a lot. Metal geared and digital all good here. Now look in my signature for my configuration of servos.

Top Bottom