500 Servos slow to center on 3 gx

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately, there is no way to speed them up when the helicopter is on the table. They are always going to be slow to return to center, and here's why. You gave an input to the gyro to move the helicopter a certain number of degrees, but the helicopter didn't move. Because of this, it's going ot hold some pitch. However, the cyclic gyros in the gyro are Rate mode only and not heading hold so they will not hold their position like the tail and will slowly return to center.

If by chance you are trying to set pitch or something, this needs to be done in DIR mode.

Hope this helps.

Derek

Ha! I noticed that, too, on mine but I didn't think anything of it. That makes sense. While following your videos, Tony, I did make sure that I was in DIR mode, too.

kat2048

but mine seam to respond slow in the air ,,for as long as I keep it there ,which is only a few seconds..still nebie

Tony

Staff member
Are you trying to do flips and rolls and stuff? How much expo and DR are you running in your Tx?

Tony

Staff member
What are your Flight Mode Parameter 2 settings at? Just list the numbers from top to bottom. You can find this by hooking the 3GX up to your computer and scrolling to FMP2 menu.

Tony

Staff member
Those numbers look good.

Go into DIR mode and tell me what your cyclic pitch is at. You should be at 8º with your collective at 10-12

Tony

Staff member
Lower that 9 down to 8. The gyro needs to know where 8º is. You can put more or less into it in the flight mode menu.

Top Bottom